• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oops!

2dumb2kwit

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I put a butt on to smoke, a few minutes ago, and I just realized that I had messed up.......I think. After I had put it on and gone back into the house, it dawned on me that I don't have an open beer.....anywhere. Do you guys think that this butt has a chance of still making some good pulled pork? Have any of you ever tried it this way?:-D

The only known way to correct this type of error is to mix a double Jack & Coke as quickly as possible to counter the lack of an opened beer at the beginning of the cook. Trust me......I know this from experience. :wink:

Chances are good it will be inedible...you've got to try to get it back on track...double fist it and don't let that butt see you again without beer in hand

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing to worry about - I had a beer and some tequila open for you. You should be all fine.

Calm down! Relax! We can work through this crisis together. Now, do you have a spousal unit on hand? Yes? Have said spousal unit depart on a mission to replenish the beer supply. :mrgreen:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pour a good stiff single malt. Add splash of water. Take a good gulp. Now go to butt with whiskey bottle in hand. Wave bottle around butt to satisfy butt that the booze question is adequately handled. This should get the butt back on track!!!
John

The only known way to correct this type of error is to mix a double Jack & Coke as quickly as possible to counter the lack of an opened beer at the beginning of the cook. Trust me......I know this from experience. :wink:

I agree!! Though the only true remedy to this is to skip the coke and take the Jack on the rocks. Better yet, grab the bottle, two shot glasses, and head out to the pit and make a toast to the butt. Obviously, the butt can't drink so you must do his shot to satisfy him.

Godspeed my friend!!

(Geez, now you got me wanting a J&C. Thanks fellas! :biggrin1:)

Forget what others have spoken!! YOU MUST SKIP ALL SHOT GLASSES, CUPS WITH ICE, OR OTHER RECEPTACLES. That will only slow you down. Get a good firm grip on that bottle of Jack or George ( what I prefer) and just turn it up. The only way you will know if you have gotten back on track is you will see the bubbleing effect created in the bottle. Then everything will be ok.

You have no recourse but to down, in one swallow an entire bottle of Jack. come on you can do it........we're here for you......drink, drink, drink.......

We're here for you brotha...When my Dad was in the Navy during WWII, he said they would mix pineapple juice with Aqua Velva when they got desperate. though he said if you drank too much you would experience temporary blindness...everything in moderation

Thanks to everyone, for the words of advice.

After thinking about my problem, I realized that the most important thing, was not to panic. I figured I'd try the easy fix first, and it worked.
I was doing this on my kettle, so the first time I had to add charcoal, I just sat my beer there, and acted like it had been there all along. :becky:

It turns out, that pig parts aren't very smart. (I guess that's why we eat them, instead of the other way around.) It didn't seem to notice that anything had been wrong, and my pulled pork turned out just fine.

Thanks again, for the support, in my time of need.:grin:

Back