Caveman Ribeye

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got Homer out tonight for some caveman ribeyes. Also made up some garlic and blue cheese butter.
100_1768.jpg

Ribeyes ready after a long rest rubbed with EVOO salt and pepper
100_1769.jpg

Cooking away on some lump
100_1771.jpg

Plated with some taters and a salad.
100_1772.jpg

Money Shot
100_1773.jpg

Bluesdude....
Cavemen is new to me but looks darned awesome. Didja have a mess of coal or ash to scrape off them when they is done or does the meat not sit on the ash or directly burning charcoal?
Muzza (in Perth 4 now.)

Bluesdude....
Cavemen is new to me but looks darned awesome. Didja have a mess of coal or ash to scrape off them when they is done or does the meat not sit on the ash or directly burning charcoal?
Muzza (in Perth 4 now.)

Lump has no ash or verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry little. Kick off a cinder now and then, but the best there is.........:becky:

Don't know if I have the nerve to try that. One thing yours looks GOOD.

That caveman rocks!!! I like the way you made priority with the ribeye, poor taters are barely hanging on to the edge of the plate.

I'll have to try this with some of the lump I have. I can't help but be aseptically about the 'no ash' thing...but I'm a 'see it to believe it' kinda guy.

Nice! :clap:
I like caveman steaks and I understand why it doesnt stick but it still impresses when it doesn't, you always secretly think "This time it will" :laugh:

Yum Bluesman... You, Homey and the caveman technique got a regular thing going on!

Gotta come up with a grill that does nothing but, Caveman. I shall call it the "Caveman....ala Blue" "For the rarest juiciest steak in your life have it ala Blue.......Caveman Style"............I LIKE IT!!!!!:becky:

Gotta come up with a grill that does nothing but, Caveman. I shall call it the "Caveman....ala Blue" "For the rarest juiciest steak in your life have it ala Blue.......Caveman Style"............I LIKE IT!!!!!:becky:

Do you use your 1983 Weber WGA very often? If not, then perhaps it would be up for job... :idea:

Back