FL pit builders?

Dom Mazzetti

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
In looking to buy a new pit somewhere under 3k. does anyone know of any good builders in FL? specifically in the Tampa area.

thanks

Lang is a bit outside of Florida, perhaps 100 miles north of Jacksonville...

Someone here once mentioned New South Smokers
(m-r trailers) in Macclenney, Fl. I went to their site and they had some nice looking smokers.

There is a guy Atlantic bbq builder or something similar to that on fb he's in Jville

Meadow creek has a Dealer in Wildwood FL- north of Tampa
meadow creek is a weird one with how expensive they are I haven't seen many who use them.
Lang is a bit outside of Florida, perhaps 100 miles north of Jacksonville...
ive heard mixed bag on lang. very common yet lots of bashing build quality. do you know if you can get a slide out second shelf on a48?
Someone here once mentioned New South Smokers
(m-r trailers) in Macclenney, Fl. I went to their site and they had some nice looking smokers.
I will take a look.

There is a guy Atlantic bbq builder or something similar to that on fb he's in Jville

guy seems nice but the pits look a bit janky to me

Zach,

Based on your response you haven’t seen any of these smokers in person, only on website pictures. If you actually see a Meadow Creek product, for example, you will see why their smokers cost a little more. Yes, Lang seems to get bashed sometimes for build quality but none of those issues alter the quality of food. Think about how many comps have been won using Lang or how many families and friends have enjoyed wonderful food off a Lang. What appears ‘janky’ in a picture my not be what you might experience if you see the pit in person.

Without seeing and feeling the pits in person or speaking with the respective pit builder, you may find more reasons not to buy a pit than to buy one. You asked for suggestions and suggestions you will get. For under $3000 there are many fine pits I’m sure you would be proud to own and which are capable of turning out excellent BBQ.
I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
Meadow creek has a Dealer in Wildwood FL- north of Tampa
meadow creek is a weird one with how expensive they are I haven't seen many who use them.

Zach,
There are several competitors here in the state who use the Meadowcreek BX50 and are winning grands and have some high point totals in FBA.
It is pricey, but after really taking a close look at it I believe it is one of the best for the money. It is the smoker that I have designed in my mind for years, especially sense I do like to water smoke also. You can also dry smoke with it.
They also have the BX25, a bit smaller but an equally good smoker for a smaller price.
Take a close look because I believe you will see that it is a good product. One that is built well and will last for years.

I have seen Meadow Creek at many BBQ comps here in the NE and their pits are nothing to sneeze at. Yes, can't judge a smoker just by a picture, best to see them and feel them.

Back