• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mexican Mole

Pugi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a tutorial of Mexican mole (mol'ay). I love the stuff and of course it is a secret recipe handed down for many generation in the Morelia, Michoacan Mexico area. I have pics to get through the process much like my carnitas thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138314.

I'm just not sure if its something brethren want to see.

I for one would love to see it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'd really love to see a variety of regional mole sauces covered. But yours would be a great start!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I'm interested for sure! Do you guys go with a sweeter type mole or more of a red chile based for more heat?

Bob

Count me in, I love Mole the last authentic mole I had was made by a friends mom from Wahaca and it was made with Armadillo, He said it was Chicken....

I'm interested for sure! Do you guys go with a sweeter type mole or more of a red chile based for more heat?

Bob

Bob, its adjustable, the MIL goes for heat, Wife goes a little sweeter. Simple adjustment to quantities. I'll start the tutorial asap. Get ready to drool.

Bob, its adjustable, the MIL goes for heat, Wife goes a little sweeter. Simple adjustment to quantities. I'll start the tutorial asap. Get ready to drool.

Bring it on! I would love to see it!:thumb:

Here we go!!!

This is the first plate of ingredients, now before I get started, my wife made this compaining the whole time I was in the way. I was taking pictures to post for you guys, so I took one for the team:-D. Also bless her heart, she does not measure anything. Its always a little bit or half a hand full and even though she laid out all the ingredients she addded to or took away after I took the pictures. I will try and give as close as measurements in a understandable way, ie, cups, Tablespoons and so forth.

On the first plate:
5 Roma tomatoes
10 Tomatillos
1 1/2 large Onion
12 normal size Garlic
2 corn tortillas
2 pieces of white bread
The tomatoes, Tomatios and garlic was grown in our garden, In the pic the tomatoes and tomatillos are frozen, they can be fresh without problem.
utf-8BSU1BRzA3MzguanBn.jpg

Plate number two. Disregard the lables on spice bottles. I forgot, this was for a total of almost 4 gallons. That would feed ALOT of people.

Banana, peel before use
5 oz of Chocolate or to taste
1 Tbsp all spice corns whole
1 Tbsp black pepper corns whole
8 cloves whole
1/2 cup raisens
3/4 stick of cinnamin
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp seeds reserved from cleaning ancho chilis
1 apple
1/4 to 1/3 cup almonds
1/3 to 1/2 cup peanuts

The nuts are unsalted and roasted. The measurements are a guess. You can count if you want.
utf-8BSU1BRzA3NDEuanBn.jpg

The Main ingredient, 24 oz of dried ancho chile pods, the stem was removed and most of the seed taken out. Dont forget to reserve the seeds for later.
utf-8BSU1BRzA3MzIuanBn.jpg

Back