MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Default KCBS membership card suggestion -- thoughts on it

I have wondered why KCBS doesn't put an expiration date on their membership cards. A lot of places do that as a way of showing when their time has expired.

I would think that would help eliminate a hassle when late sign up's for a comp., etc. Just show your card, and your in. That would eliminate the updated list between comps and KCBS all the time. Then if a question does arise, let the rep settle it. The reps could have an updated master list of memers, judges etc.

The only hassle would be for KCBS to send out a new updated card when our fees are paid. What else are we paying for... hotel discounts, BullSheet????
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

That makes sense to me... With the charging an extra $25 at comps you would think that they should have the most up to date information in front of them....
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
That makes sense to me... With the charging an extra $25 at comps you would think that they should have the most up to date information in front of them....
You would think so, but with modern technology, and instant website access, etc., anything can go wrong.

I was also thinking that if there was a question, just flash them the card and smile.... Just a way to verify things in my eyes.... of course, it would mean that either KCBS would have to make sure everyone got a new card at renewal time, and that would mean more $$$ out of their pocket to send us a new card every year.

On another note, why not let us renew for more than one year, say 2, 5, 10, or lifetime, and get a discount for multiple years....

Now that would be a benefit....
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote