Bay Area/Norcal Bash Saturday Nov 17th

I'll bring my Hasty Bake. Might also bring a UDS if somebody wants me to fire it up..

Here's some posts on past bashes in the area (no bear dishes were served):

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94002

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103509

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119494

There's never been a shortage cookers available for use that I can recall so I'd say a cooker is not required. However to be on the safe side we probably should add a list of cookers to the master list of people and dishes. I'm planning on bringing a Small & maybe Mini Egg and there's been a request for a Hasty Bake Gourmet (either mine or Marty's).

I can haul out my kettle if need be. We can start a list of cookers as well.

Easiest way is to keep a list rolling.

Attendees:
Groundhog66
Barts
R2Egg2Q
Marty
Landarc
Will work for Food
Hkeiner
BBQ Lover

Meats:
brisket
wings?
tri-tip chili

Mini Egg
Midi Egg
Large Egg
Hasty Bake
Fabulous Custom Made catering rig
Kettle?
UDS?

Last edited:
As for as cookers, by BBQ trailer will be available, as will the MAK grill, and a large BGE.

do we have a firm date ? im in but work every other sat so ? need firm date lol hate my job

We now have a firm date of Saturday Nov 17th. I was not able to unwind the snag on the 10th :doh:, so I hope this date works for the masses. I know the further we get, the weather can be an issue, but I have enough room inside if the weather doesn't cooperate, so let's get this party rollin'.

Note to the Mods, can one of you edit the original post to reflect the correct date of November 17th?

Doh... The 17th is a dealbreaker for me, unfortunately. :doh: I'll have to get involved with some throwdowns and connect in person next go-round. Smoke 'em up, Brethren!

My bride has given her blessing and agreed to re-finance the homestead for fuel $$$$ :shock:
Motel reservations have been made :thumb: and paperwork started on the re-fi.....:wink:
So I guess I'M IN !!!!!!
I'll restock and bring consumables (paper plates, bowls, eating utensils, foil etc) for use by all.
I'll check on a table and an ez-up if it is working order.
I'll post a more complete list after I see what is left over from last year....

See ya there....

How do you all feel about bringing in some other folks in the local BBQ scene? CBBQA is what I am thinking Dave knows a bunch of those folks.

I see no problem with that, especially if we can't get a group of our own to commit.

Is Tim cooking the brisket like a hamburger?

If you are coming, I'll definitely do it :wink:

We now have a firm date of Saturday Nov 17th. I was not able to unwind the snag on the 10th :doh:, so I hope this date works for the masses. I know the further we get, the weather can be an issue, but I have enough room inside if the weather doesn't cooperate, so let's get this party rollin'.

Note to the Mods, can one of you edit the original post to reflect the correct date of November 17th?

I sent a message to the mods, hopefully they can change the title.

Done. Do you want the date in the first post changed, too.

Yes Sir, thank you.

Doh... The 17th is a dealbreaker for me, unfortunately. :doh: I'll have to get involved with some throwdowns and connect in person next go-round. Smoke 'em up, Brethren!
Well crap, we'll miss ya. I guess we'll have to do a spring bash also, say somewhere around April. What say thee?

I am thinking a spring bash is good too.

Hey Rick, note the change of location, it is at the new BBQ shop.

Well crap, we'll miss ya. I guess we'll have to do a spring bash also, say somewhere around April. What say thee?

I'll move heaven and earth this spring! I may be a newbie member, but I love the BBQB experience, anxious to connect with living, breathing folks. As a native of Sheboygan, WI, I'll be sure to supply brats aplenty!

I'll move heaven and earth this spring! I may be a newbie member, but I love the BBQB experience, anxious to connect with living, breathing folks. As a native of Sheboygan, WI, I'll be sure to supply brats aplenty!

Did you say "brats aplenty"? :hungry:

I'm a Yooper :spy:

No way! I was in Sheboygan about 12 months ago with a bunch of buddies. Really nice and beautiful area. Hope you can make it! Tom of BigButz BBQ (Northern Wisconsin) usually makes it to our events but I'm guessing he has use up all his kitchen passes for the year...

No way! I was in Sheboygan about 12 months ago with a bunch of buddies. Really nice and beautiful area. Hope you can make it! Tom of BigButz BBQ (Northern Wisconsin) usually makes it to our events but I'm guessing he has use up all his kitchen passes for the year...

LOL... yeah, Sheboygan for sure, enso? Truth be told, I recently perfected a recipe for the Sheboygan "Hard Roll"... the inside-light-as-a-whisper / outside-crusty-and-flakey brat and hamburger bun I can't seen to find anywhere outside of southeastern Wisconsin. Here's a batch I made last week:

buns_zps3ad2f186.jpg

I'll bring a fresh, warm batch for the spring bash. :whoo:

Back