• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How long is it safe in the fridge.

Just an important note. When you place an item in a plastic container that is still warm leave the cover off for the first 4 hours or more to let it cool down more quickly.

Pulled pork, pulled and stored in tupperware while hot. Into fridge. How long is it safe?
We all lose start losing our freshness as soon as we pop out of the oven:loco:
I would check on the fsis web site for storing food, Meat etc.
Just remember they write for maximum safe handling.
Good luck and happy pulling your pork.
:thumb:

I never go more than 5 days or so. It's just hard to throw out cause it is so dang good....

Just an important note. When you place an item in a plastic container that is still warm leave the cover off for the first 4 hours or more to let it cool down more quickly.

Yes, you don't want to put HOT food into a container and put it in the fridge. Let it cool down, and then put it in a container, seal it, and refrigerate it.

If you need to keep it more than a week, you need to vacuum seal it. That will get you an extra two to three weeks in a fridge, and several months in a freezer.

If you don't have a vacuum sealer, get one. I have vacuum sealed and frozen meat for six months, and it has come out nearly as good as when I cooked it.

CD

I have vacuumed pulled pork from two years ago that is still good. Three years may push the limits......maybe.

Back