What's your ratio? ( Wing Sauce ? )

Shifty1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I keep reading Franks and butter for your wings. Is there a standard ratio used?

What else do you folks throw on your wings?

Thanks

I use to use a 2 to 1 Franks to butter...now just Franks

My wife and I are at two extremes. I use 1/2 cup Franks and 2 TBSP butter, while for the wifey I use 1/4 cup of a butter/margarine mix and 2 TBSP Franks.
I also dust them with Yardbird after rubbing with some EVOO before cooking them.

I don't fry them, but bake them at 425 degrees for 60 minutes, turning them once at 30 minutes. I then shake them with the sauce and serve.

I use Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce. I put that SH!t on everything! I grill my wings from frozen. Half are made a S&P, the other half bathed in Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce.

Last edited:
Who measures? a little butter, some Franks, a little cayenne. Don't forget the bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Been doing it for years! Since I was a boy... ½ cup franks 3 tbs butter 3on tbs dark brown sugar... I grew up in buffalo... its the way it is:) lol

I use 1 stick of butter to one bottle of Franks. Not sure what size the bottle is, though. Standard size I guess?

I'm in the "I don't really measure" boat. I did at first, but then really couldn't taste the difference in the amount of butter/margarine I would add. So then I actually started using less of the butter that I just eyeballed before. I don't always use franks either. Just what catches my eye.

Who measures? a little butter, some Franks, a little cayenne. Don't forget the bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.

I hear ya. I justlike to have an idea of where to start to cut down on the learning curve.

Thanks for tips guys. Adding the brown shugger sounds good.

Valentina hot sauce is all you need, mmmmmmmgd!

I have been using the APL recipe for my wings, and I use Texas Pete wing sauce (Frank's is great too). Depending on how hot the crowd wants their wings is the determining factor in how many jalapenos I put in the sauce, seeds, etc.

Although I do use the APL recipe, I do not use the $13 tied chives to a spoon brush mod...:becky: I actually dunk em once in a bowl (after they are cooked through in the aluminum pan) and then dunk em again before plating.

4:1 Franks to butter, but then I reduce it by 1/3. Perfect every time.

I use Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce. I put that SH!t on everything! I grill my wings from frozen. Half are made a S&P, the other half bathed in Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce.

Careful with the "circumventing the wordy-dird" mod. It doesn't fly around here. :becky:

4:1 - Franks to butter. I give them a good coating of garlic powder, then Tony C's Cajun seasoning and put them in the oven at 400* for one hour, flipping half way through. Toss in the sauce and we're good to go!

The best wing ever,12 oz franks, 1 stick unsalted butter, 1 tbls. minced garlic and a couple grinds of black pepper. melt butter with garlic.then add franks. let simmer for a while the longer the better. do not let this come to a hard boil this will keep it from seperating later.it's just like BBQ low and slow.

Back