New Swing Grate

Charcoal_Addict

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The new Toy just arrived. Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier Swing grate. I just popped the Big Joe recently for a test dive on some Tenderlions. It's didn't realy get the deep grill marks I was hoping for but it was still able to produce decent grill marks with only one seasoning.

I'm hoping to get better results as the grates get more seasoned with use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 355
Looks good. I have had one in my large Grill Dome for 2 or 3 years now. Great product. The two tier is sturdy and mine is like non stick it's so well seasoned.

I should have left it heat longer but I couldn't wait. I get real good sear marks with mine.

How does the swing grate attach to the base grate? Wonder if I can use it on my Akorn 8)

How does the swing grate attach to the base grate? Wonder if I can use it on my Akorn 8)

They include a a couple of Allen Keys in the kit to lock the slide bolts into place. You can adjust your height that way. There's also an allen key based lock screw on the top of the grate that allows you to tighten up the 18 inch swing grate.

It looks like I'm wrong about being able to use the Big Joe Defector rack to lift the 2-Tier swing grate. The main grate will not line up with the notches on the on the Big Joe Deflector rack and the swing grate is too heavy for the Big Joe Deflector rack to hold.

You'll risk damaging your fire box notches by trying to force the fire box to support the weight of the swing grate on your Big Joe Deflector rack.

It looks like you'll have to buy a Woo2 or make something yourself to raise the grate on the Joe.

When I had a WSM 22 I used those grates. They worked like a charm. You have to call up and ask for WSM grates specifically though because they usually sell to people with ceramic grills. They have the grates for the WSM but you need to specify it when ordering.

Back