Spicy Chicken Sliders

Regular Guy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
On a whim I ordered some Mike's Hot Honey with the sole purpose of putting it on some fried chicken. I took 2 boneless chicken breasts and cut them up into pieces small enough to put on a slider bun, soaked them in dill pickle juice for 2 hours or so. Took them out of the juice and patted dry and sprinkled a spice rub I made up on them and let it dry brine for about 30 minutes. While that was going on, I took that rub and added it to some AP flour with a little cornstarch added. Next I was going to dip the chicken in buttermilk but I didn't have any so I made a fuax buttermilk using milk and lemon juice. To that I added 2 egg whites and some vodka (sounds weird, I know, but it's supposed to help with the coating).

Wet hand dry hand method, dip the chicken into the wet stuff, plop it into the dry stuff, pressing the flour into every nook and cranny. Rest the chicken on a wire rack for 30 minutes to set the crust and then fry at 325 until 165 via digital thermometer.

Let drain on another wire rack. Built the sliders thusly : a little bibb lettuce, dill pickle slices, chicken and a good coating of Mike's Hot Honey.

These were very good and I will be making more things to try Hot Honey on soon, maybe ribs!

First few pieces out of the dutch oven
eWCNqvGh.jpg

The build
WfSdwAeh.jpg

Crispy, spicy, sweet goodness
BM2Ji1jh.jpg

Tasty!
0hRlXKdh.jpg

Those look awesome. I need to do some reading about the use of vodka, super interesting...

Good.
I made a punkin pie crust with vodka once, don't remember the science of it but it was OK.
Ed

That looks insanely good. :hungry: Well done!

They look delicious, did you deep fry them in the dutch oven?

They look delicious, did you deep fry them in the dutch oven?

I wouldn't say it was deep fried, just enough oil to cover the pieces. I have an actual deep fryer but didn't have enough oil to fire it up and it's also a PITA to clean, lol.

Oh man, do they ever look delicious. That hot honey, gotta get some to try!!

Back