• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I knew sooner or later I would return! Live Cook!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello Folks! Been a while. Seems like I just keep disappearing after a while! I haven't cooked BBQ for at least 6 months.. Decided it was time for a change! Today I'm cooking up a 3lb pork roast, Beef roast (both from local farm) and a duck! Duck will be going on later on. I injected the pork roast with a home made "southern" vinegar based sauce a buddy of mine from down south gave me! Seasoned both with Weber Dry Smoking Rub (love this stuff for a walmart rub)

Let's see if I still got it! Doing it the only way I know how.. Live cooking for you fine folks so if I screw up.. you guys get to see it! hahah

pg2ByrRl.jpg

Progress! Almost like riding a bike.... Use to ride one all the time as a kid, I bet you its not as easy to jump on a bike after 10 years and just ride off! I will probably pull the pork roast.. and I'll cook the beef roast til it probes tender and slice it like a brisket.

bTW2GM3l.jpg

Duck is on.. Poked holes in the skin before throwing it on the smoker to allow the fat to render out.

KetANcml.jpg

That duck looks great! What all did you do to season it?

That duck looks great! What all did you do to season it?

Poked holes in the skin... which if you don't the fat under the skin won't render out as there's a lot of fat on a duck. Just seasoned it with Weber Dry Smoking Rub. Nothing else special to it.. I tried to make this a simple cook.

Blaze, Everything looks GREAT!
What did you take the IT on the duck to?
I've got one in the freezer that's been mocking me. I'm a bit intimidated by it. :oops:

Blaze, Everything looks GREAT!
What did you take the IT on the duck to?
I've got one in the freezer that's been mocking me. I'm a bit intimidated by it. :oops:

This one.. ended up well done.. But That's ok... I had a lot of things going on towards the end of the cook.. I shoot for 160 IT myself in the breast for whole duck.. If I was cooking just a duck breast on the grill I would do 145-150.. But taking the duck to 160 IT I like legs & thighs to be cooked.

Plated Picture of mac & cheese and beef roast!
j6km6lkl.jpg

Last edited:
And then here's the pulled pork..
EIFbI36l.jpg

Thanks for looking... I'll close this with my opinions on the duck.. Makes the 3rd duck I've ever ate.. each time it was a whole duck.. I'm not a fan.. The flavor of the meat is what throws me off.. If I was eating just a duck breast grilled on the grill I could probably do it.

Good to see you back. Looks like you folks ate well, and I'm sure that'll continue for a couple of days.

Hollar as best you can. Don't be no stranger, hear?

Back