Fri Dinner: Huli Huli Chix on the Rotisserie with Blue Crab (some pron)

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy Brethren.

Marinated the chicken overnight, using Saiko's recipe. I left out the pineapple from the overnight marination. Put the Huli Huli chicken on the rotisserie and boiled the remainder of the marinade. Added a tbsp or so of pureed pineapple to the remaining marinade and slathered it on. Cooked for ~1hr at 300*F.

Halfway through I added some blue crabs which I had picked up live from HEB. One of them was a vicious devil! Seasoned with Old Bay, touch of onion powder and garlic salt, with a pat of butter on top. I had saved some of the marinade (before adding the chicken) and used this to baste the chicken at the end.

The chicken was great, but I think the hit was the blue crab. Served them up with an Asian slaw, some green beans amandine, and Hawaiian bread rolls. Sorry there are no pics of the plates, but we were too hungry (and a little too well lubricated) to take pics.

Thanks for lookin'!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I really like the Weber rotisserie ring, and I highly recommend the crab.They didn't taste oily at all! Just kidding...:becky:

Back