• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jerk Ribs

ubp_sanity

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
On my last rib cook I tried an unusual twist on them. Being cold here, I felt like I needed something cheaper than a trip to Mexico or Cuba..

So, I made some jerk ribs, based on this recipe: http://smokeandumami.com/2012/08/12/usain-bolts-pecan-smoked-jerk-pork-ribs/ Had them and some Ginger Beer, but the snow didn't go away :-(

The twist was that it called for Malibu Rum in the rub. So I did that, changed the recipe around a bit

They were the best ribs I had ever had, but I never got a chance to get any pics, so I decided to link the article instead.

Hope it gives others inspiration.

no the snow is still here, and good for you for somewhat getting rid of the winter blahh, there is a place in windsor that sells authentic pimento charcoal and wood, Jamacia government put a stop to the sale of pimento wood to save their rain forrest,

When my ribs are acting up and being "jerks" I threaten to boil them instead of smoking them and that settles them right down. :-D

Stupid ribs, that'll teach them for being jerks.

There's a place just north of Toronto that also sells the Pimento wood, I've been meaning to go there. The problem is that I might go broke walking into the place.

Sounds great, I'll have to give it a shot.

I'm pretty lazy so I usually just use this, it's actually pretty good stuff.

images

Back