thinking of a griddle

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
this ain't Q related but i've been running around like crazy and have not had too much time to cook outside, plus it's been kinda silly weather around here so i been spending more time inside. recently though i came to the conclusion that i could probably do most of my indoor cooking on a griddle like in a diner and i was thinking of getting one. anyone use one of these? can you use the griddle top to heat up a pot? any suggestions?

phil

Don't know about the heating up a pot thing, but they are pretty handy when a skillet just isn't big enough.

Like a full sized flat top griddle??? Man, I'd love to have one of those in my kitchen.

I bought one on sale at Sears for $20 (or so) about a month ago for the intent of taking it to comps to keep water warm/hot on (fill 1 stainless pan with warm water and soap and another stainless with just water). It's about 12x24 (guessing)

I did a test on it to see if I could get water to boil - no, but it was getting close. I'd guess the water was about 200*, it could just get started to bubble a bit.

I did use it to make breakfast one morning - I liked it. The one I bought had a lip around the front to catch the grease and it dripped in a catch pan. Clean up was a breeze.

Go to your local Bed, Bath, and Beyond store or a store like it. Step over to where they have the spatulas and grab one. Then walk over to where the griddles are and play with the spatula and the griddle as if you were making breakfast. Once you find one that feels comfortable and you can easily move the spatula around on, but it. Most griddles are the same.

Back