MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #61
NotleyQue
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
Go ask BigMista that question

Now that is funny.

[CENTER][B]Notley Que BBQ: Southern California's Finest BBQ Catering[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black]Meat is Murder......Tasty Tasty Murder[/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
NotleyQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #62
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Bob should have some data on Spicewine temps too.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #63
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
Bob should have some data on Spicewine temps too.
You too went there!

I think Poobah has some data also

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #64
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Open flame does not count...
Old 08-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #65
BubbaBones
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotleyQue View Post
Now that is funny.
I appear to have stumbled into and inside joke that I am not aware of.
BubbaBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #66
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
Yes, you are definitely some kind of show Neil is one of those rare exceptions. He could be cooking on a shopping cart and people are excited about it. Some are just born with the gift of gab.
I think it has more to do with name!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #67
mikeTRON
Full Fledged Farker

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any further comments?
mikeTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #68
Dr_KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeTRON View Post
I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any further comments?
Ya, if you own a Spicewine do not leave the door unlatched while sleeping through an overnight cook.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #69
Buster Dog BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

One thing about catering with an FEC...you may have to provide your own power. We just dropped off a catering this week at a park with no power. The same people we did this for last year asked to have it done on site. I would have had to take the generators with me this time. Just one more thing. But having said that I love my FEC.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #70
TheMidnightSmoker
On the road to being a farker

Perfect timing reading this thread. I have been doing small drop off catering gigs using just my Jumbo BDS but next season I want to step it up and do medium to large size on-site gigs. I have kicked around all kinds of cookers from the Spicewine trailer to the Lang 84. I have likes and dislikes about each one. I need a cooker I can keep in my garage so it will be safe and sound. My issue with the Lang is that Wood is not as available here in Northern California as it is in most of your areas. Clean-up might be a bit of a hassle also. My issue with the Spicewine is that I am a traditionalist and I can’t get past the thought that it looks more like an oven then a smoker. Don’t get me wrong, there are many things I like about each of these cookers and I would be happy with either one I’m sure.
So let me throw another cooker into the mix. I am seriously looking at the Meadow Creek Pig Roaster trailer. It burns charcoal that is laid flat cross the bottom so the heat should be pretty well balanced. With the second rack the capacity is very good, and it cooks all meats, not just whole hogs. It has a full length drip pan that directs the dripping out of the cooker and it looks more traditional then the cabinet cookers. I have read reviews stating it easy to keep a steady temp and the burn time is long. With the upgraded extra doors and smoke stacks I think it would help with the “Show” aspect of the event. Any opinions?
TheMidnightSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #71
Capn Kev
is one Smokin' Farker

I am currently using an FEC-100 for catering, and will be buying another in the Spring. They are called a "smoker oven" and they work exactly as they are titled. I can cook pizzas, do a prime rib, cook lasagna, etc. I love 'em. It's like having a wood fired oven that runs within 5 degrees of the digital temp setting you program in. ...plus, I can cook all night and get valuable sleep knowing that it's going to do what it is supposed to. FECs all the way.
FEC-100, REC TEC Grill, WSM 22.5", UDS, KCBS CBJ #54829
[/SIZE]
Capn Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #72
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
Ya, if you own a Spicewine do not leave the door unlatched while sleeping through an overnight cook.

Stickburners, nothing has changed

However, if I was doing briskies and pulled pork on most gigs, I may consider an oven type smoker. I am doing these meats 10% of the time. Tri-tip and chicken rule in my zone of the earth and helps get the bills paid. I like to smoke my tri-tips and grill my chicken.

With respect to customer service, we deliver every time, despite burning sticks; get a crew