FOGO Charcoal

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
FYI Today Only. Ace Hardware has a 50% off one item under 30$. Printed off two coupons. Wife bought one I bought one bag of FOGO Charcoal. Two bags for $28.
Always wanted to try
Coupon on Ace website

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve always wanted to try fogo out but balked at the price. Half off allows me to test the water. I’m going to take your advice and have the Mrs. get one too.

If I’ve never tried them is it worth it to try both premium and super premium, or should I just get 2 supers? Can anyone whose used both give advice?

Sorry I can’t help. They had FOGO and Blues Hog right by entrance. I could see BGE down an aisle but didn’t venture to look. Coupon is also 15$ off one item over $30. Pretty grand incentive to try. Blues Hog eventually, but not today.

Last edited:
The online coupon can be used multiple times so I got 2 bags of each. I’ll do my own test of the two when they come in and post the results! Thanks again for the heads up.

Fogo is pricey. It is also very good. I'll buy a bag once in a while depending on where the "it's so good/it's so expensive" wheel lands at whatever particular moment. Looks like I'll be snagging some today - thanks 16Adams! :clap2:

Fogo is pricey. It is also very good. I'll buy a bag once in a while depending on where the "it's so good/it's so expensive" wheel lands at whatever particular moment. Looks like I'll be snagging some today - thanks 16Adams! :clap2:

What is good about it? I have a gift card for ACE and they carry the stuff so I might grab some.

FYI Today Only. Ace Hardware has a 50% off one item under 30$. Printed off two coupons. Wife bought one I bought one bag of FOGO Charcoal. Two bags for $28.

Always wanted to try

Coupon on Ace website
Thanks Adams, didn't have FOGO but scored a bag of B&B lump for $9.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I fibbed. I Went back and bought one bag of Blues Hog lump. I’m kind if a 9-12$ bag of B&B lump guy. And I am happy with B&B.
This is reasonable for two brands I’ve always wanted to try.

Last edited:
I fibbed. I Went back and bought one bag of Blues Hog lump. I’m kind if a 9-12$ bag of B&B lump guy. And I am happy with B&B.

I ordered fogo

The website also has b&b championship which is 36dollars for 24 lbs bag, it's tempting

I picked up a 20 lb bag of B&B lump for $9. Never tried it so wanted to give it a shot. I've used Western with good luck and Cowboy with mostly poor luck.

I was just looking at some blues hog Weds. Guy said the chunks are huge. But I wasn’t forking over 29 bucks. Hehe.

What is good about it? I have a gift card for ACE and they carry the stuff so I might grab some.

It burns real nice & consistent & the size is good - if anything it can run a little big, but not like the trees you find in some mesquite lump. :shocked: It can get really hot & burns longer than other lump I’ve used. Great for re-use of whatever’s left over after a burn. btw I pretty much stick to lump for grilling & briqs (RO Chef Select) for smoking, so I can only speak to Fogo for grilling.

Sorry I can’t help. They had FOGO and Blues Hog right by entrance. I could see BGE down an aisle but didn’t venture to look. Coupon is also 15$ off one item over $30. Pretty grand incentive to try. Blues Hog eventually, but not today.

i tried blues hog... wasnt worth the price. didnt see much of a difference between it and b&b

I've been using Fogo almost exclusively for the last year. Not because I'm rich, just because ALL charcoal is expensive in Canada. The "cheap" stuff is $4 less per bag and often sold out.

I find it has a distinct odor, kind of smells like cordite. Opening a bag smells like a nice afternoon at the shooting range.

I almost used that discount to try some B&B Char Logs but the reviews were not so great so I just whiffed it.

I buy B&B Charlogs. I mix them in with briquettes. I like them. If you use a chimney they get going quickly and I dump them on top or the middle of coals. Aroma, what little there is to me is pleasant. I have two bags. My experience the burn clean hot and long.

I’ve been using jealous devil, but it has about as much stand alone flavor as an electric oven. Got a couple bags of BnB hickory and that is seriously good stuff

Here in the Burgh I pay 17.99 for a bag, large or medium lump.

Back