Rub Co/HDD Hot Wings.....Yes, wings AGAIN

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I cooked another batch of wings today using The Rub Co's Hot Wing rub, but I decided to spice them up a bit more. I put them on the BGE @ about 325, and dusted them with some Oakridge Habanero Death Dust. When you put the rub on as heavily as I do, it tends to dry out a bit. So this time, I occasionally spritzed them with just water to keep the surface moist. They rendered out nicely, and developed a nice crispy crust...enjoy :thumb:

6615636759_733e62c02e_b.jpg

6615637947_b96d0db4f8_b.jpg

6615639555_c37b2887ca_b.jpg

Heeeeeyyy, how did THAT get in there...:wink:

6615640421_7f99bc3cfa_z.jpg

6615641539_340a8d9d9e_b.jpg

6615642885_96f8c834c2_b.jpg

Man I'm going to have to give that a try as soon as The Rub co gets here :) Looks great bet it tastes even better!!

pwa

You're farking killing me. Now I needs me some wings and a stout. Those look great :clap2:.

6615642885_96f8c834c2_b.jpg

These would be hard to beat!

Waiting to see the Billboard for your Wing restaurant.... "Eat at Tim's".

Just you in your special apron:wink:, and a plate of ^^^^^^

Tim, those look friggin great. I am trying to figure out how to get more of the flavor into the meat without losing it on the grill/BBQ. We talked about this. I have marinated them, rubbed them.... Maybe the key is to spritzing and then dusting with rub 10 minutes before they are done. What do you think?

Tim, those look friggin great. I am trying to figure out how to get more of the flavor into the meat without losing it on the grill/BBQ. We talked about this. I have marinated them, rubbed them.... Maybe the key is to spritzing and then dusting with rub 10 minutes before they are done. What do you think?

We definitely need to get together for a cook sometime soon, we will figure it out :thumb:

Looks FANTASTIC! Great Job as always, Tim! :clap: :clap:

Those are the best looking grilled wings I have ever seen. How did the 2 rubs taste together?

Those are the best looking grilled wings I have ever seen. How did the 2 rubs taste together?

Thank you, I appreciate that comment very much. This rub combination is spectacular, the tanginess of Ryans rub can be heated up to whatever level you desire with the HDD.

Well, at least it doesn't sound as bad when I say I want to bite your wings Tim.:becky:

Ummmmm, yes it does :wink:

Back