Q and Honda CT Trail 90s?

Hoorenga

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have been quite busy with my one of my other hobies, repairing and riding old Honda CT90s. Unfortunatly keeping abreast of the two groups is a bit more than I can handle so I have to divide my time. I will say that this is by far my favorite place to hang out. You guys are the greatest. In between overhauling a carburator on one of my bikes I did manage to fire up the Brinkman and throw a brisket on. I was still a bit gun shy about doing brisket. I have had not had the best of luck with it. I think I found the source of most of my problems though, I was over smoking it. I thought maybe that it was green wood or not having the fire just right but my suspicion is that it was just too much smoke. This time I only used a few chunks in the beginning and did the rest of the cooking using only charcoal. It was one of those all night smokes that had me getting out of bed several times during the night. My second big break through in learning to cook brisket was discovering that it's done when it's done. As one brother said "you want it to come apart when you twist a fork in it". Dam if it didn't turn out good! The dog isn't getting much of this one. I did foil it for the last couple of hours but I think I might skip this part of the process next time as it destroys the nice bark that forms. That's my favorite part.

When I was a kid, I used to ride a friend's Mini Trail 50....If I remember correctly it had an automatic tranny or at least auto clutch. It had little miniature wheels and tires. It would out run my mini bike which had an old Briggs and Stratton engine with centrifugal clutch and a scrub brake.

Oh those were the days.

Nothing like working on a prject food to get it just right. Everybody else loves it, but you want to cook another one just to get the bark JUST RIGHT. I love that. New project coming up will be Pork Loin. Never did one, so looking forward to a lot of experimenting.

BTW Welcome back Hoo, was starting to wonder what happened to you,,,thought it may have been another pot of beans.

New project coming up will be Pork Loin.

Prepare to have a new Q favorite, it's one of the few things I could smoke naked (no rub) and think was awesome. They're very versatile too. Smoked Loin Rocks!!

Hoo, 'grats on the brisket. Don't be too intimidated by them, you just have to cook a few to get the hang of it.

i BTW Welcome back Hoo said:
Na they aint gettin' me that easy! But the wife has been trying to work my butt off. After I got home from a hard day at work she had me setting up about a dozen big heavy metal, 12 foot enclosure panels for a turn out for her horses. Qing at night is about the only time have to do it. Glad I'm still remembered here. Feels like home.

Just ran into my boss at work. I needed the day off Monday and bribed him with a piece of the brisket I did on Friday night. I took it over to him Saturday afternoon. He is very particular about his brisket and won't hesitate to give you his opinion on anything. He gave me a two thumbs up and raved on about how good it was. I guess I am getting the hang of it. I'm beginning to see what is so exciting about doing brisket. The flavors and textures are fantastic when it all comes together. I think I'm going to be a comitted brisket fan from now on. In the past, the expense and time didn't seem to equal the reward.

Hoo, my dad has one of these things. He calls it a Trail 90. Loves it and still rides it around. And my dad is 78.

ct90ad.JPG

Back