Contest Announcment 2nd Annual Hay Capital BBQ Cook Off - July 9th/10th - Yates Center, Kansas

Babyboomerboy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
If you enjoy cook offs that include something for the whole family, this is the comp you need to enter. The 2nd Annual Hay Capital BBQ Cook Off is in conjunction with the Annual Yates Center Mardi Grass Festival. The cook off is held on the football field at Delay Stadium. We offer free ice, water, and electric of course. We also offer free showers for the cookers, a Friday night midnight swim in the city pool across the street from the stadium. Free homemade ice cream Friday night. A huge fireworks display and live band on Friday night, live music on Saturday and a free concert on Saturday night. Just stay in you cook site and enjoy a relaxing evening after the cook off. For your basic entry fee you are entered in the cook's choice on Friday night, the people's choice on Saturday morning, (we furnish the meat), the 4 main meat categories and a dessert category. If thats not enough, your family can enjoy an Antique Tractor Show, a Classic and Antique Car Show, over 50 venders at the Arts and Craft Show which is held in the air conditioned school 2 blocks from the stadium. We have a trolley to shuffle people back and forth from the school to the stadium. Also at the park across from the stadium we will have a petting zoo, climbing wall, kids games, face painting, horseshoes, bake sale, the Topeka drum line will preform as well as local singers. We will also have the unbelievable chicken bingo contest, and at the pool there will be a big splash contest. Check out our web site at, www.haycapitalbbq.com or see the pictures from last years event at
www.cityofyatescenter.com/cms/Events/MARDIGRASS2009PICTURES/tabid/420/Default.aspx

I would love to go to that one, but I've already got a commitment that weekend to cook for my B-I-L's annual party...
Sounds like a good haymakin' time though! :-D

I would love to go to that one, but I've already got a commitment that weekend to cook for my B-I-L's annual party...
Sounds like a good haymakin' time though! :-D

Thanks Shawn, maybe next year. If you see Bad Ole' Burns up there, tell him we really appreciate him bringing down the little cooker for our high school rib sale last week.

Hey! Did you pay to advertise here??? :laugh: I'm just kidding you! Sounds like a great contest!

This is a great contest, It seems like the whole town came out to see what was going on. We will be back this year to defend our First place chicken!

This is a great contest, It seems like the whole town came out to see what was going on. We will be back this year to defend our First place chicken!

Thank you Shane, I have reserved your same site for this year. See ya in July.

Back