MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
The Squire
Got Wood.

Default A weird habit that helps with BbQing

Constantly wash hands and I always remember the days of my dad using that big oval porcelain dish with the raw steak on it, take the steak off the plate and then grill the steak...taught me to wash it off inside before putting the cooked steak on the plate on the way to the table.

Man' o' Man how important it is to stick to that with all raw foods before grilling or BBQ'in.

Also I like to constantly clean as I grill! Nuts right? lol I always wipe any drips and glazes or marinades that are on the grill handle or holding trays etc. Hot, hot water with paper towels, always keep up on your grill.

Every season take the porcelain plates out and clean em' and those fat containers for the drippings. Like a car I tell my buddies, you take care of your grill, it'll take care of your savings. lol

Clostridium Difficillus or C.Dificile is NO joke. Thats a nasty case of a bacteria that will cleaaaaaaan you out!

Better to have dried out raw washed hands then doubled over.

Squire.
The Squire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
bbqjoe
Banned

Well put.
bbqjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

I wash all plates that have held raw meat - except beef. I cook my steaks rare - med. rare anyway...

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
MostLarge
On the road to being a farker

I keep a large pump bottle of hand sanitizer in the cooking area outside. Cheap at wally world.
Also thinking of getting a portable outdoor sink (garden hose connected).

New Braunsfel Offset

[/FONT] [/FONT]
MostLarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
Steppenwolf
Full Fledged Farker

Sound advice with the old addage "clean as you go". The only thing I'm guilty of not cleaning is the grill itself- somehow always felt it has to be burned off.
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
MostLarge
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Sound advice with the old addage "clean as you go". The only thing I'm guilty of not cleaning is the grill itself- somehow always felt it has to be burned off.
Fire Good.
Fire, Fire, Fire.
New Braunsfel Offset

[/FONT] [/FONT]
MostLarge is offline   Reply With Quote