Hijack This Thread

Spiders, Turtles and Pickles Oh My!

Crazy day. This is the perfect thread.
1. Raccoon scared the crap out of me last night while cooking Shorties late night. (I have been bitten by one before).
2. Cat is sparring with the tarantula at the front door.
3. The turtles come up from the pond to lay eggs every year but this one almost got crunched in the drive way.

4. Made pickles. Thanks Maribozo:thumb:

Attachments

• IMAG0659.jpg
    IMAG0659.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0676.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0677.jpg
    IMAG0677.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 48
Crazy day. This is the perfect thread.
1. Raccoon scared the crap out of me last night while cooking Shorties late night. (I have been bitten by one before).
2. Cat is sparring with the tarantula at the front door.
3. The turtles come up from the pond to lay eggs every year but this one almost got crunched in the drive way.

4. Made pickles. Thanks Maribozo:thumb:
Did the raccoon bite off your nipple? If so, you might be a redneck.

Well the raccoon did not get the nipple but he latched onto my calf. The whole story is that he was a domestic pet of my brothers girlfriend at the time. We were all sitting at a table in their back yard (and I had no idea she even had a raccoon) when the varmint latched on to my leg. "Screaming like a chick" doesn't even describe what I did. I'm not sure what everyone thought was so funny. There was a post earlier today about someone weed wacking their ankle and I would have rather had that.

Set out to decide if trisket was real or not

8537C054-356A-48D4-A17D-B23F8831B31F_zpsfqzq82pp.jpg

May have committed a crime against humanity to use such a beauty

Injected and treated like a brisket

Foiled at about 170
509BDA13-7EC5-4A3D-8A9B-19FDB49ABA2E_zps5fllgr4e.jpg

BA3423BB-71FA-46E6-8075-A37DB45B15D0_zpspn49scsu.jpg

I've got to say I was impressed. Had to take it high to get tender. 210+. Amazingly moist and tender. Flavor was somewhere around the best non wagyu brisket flat I've done. Completely different than a grilled tri tip. Nice change of pace. Took maybe 3-4hr. Can't remember

Well the raccoon did not get the nipple but he latched onto my calf. The whole story is that he was a domestic pet of my brothers girlfriend at the time. We were all sitting at a table in their back yard (and I had no idea she even had a raccoon) when the varmint latched on to my leg. "Screaming like a chick" doesn't even describe what I did. I'm not sure what everyone thought was so funny. There was a post earlier today about someone weed wacking their ankle and I would have rather had that.

I bet that was amazing to witness! You just can't make up a story better than that.

Yea, for sure. I am damaged goods now. I can't take the trash out at night any more. :wink:

Set out to decide if trisket was real or not

8537C054-356A-48D4-A17D-B23F8831B31F_zpsfqzq82pp.jpg

May have committed a crime against humanity to use such a beauty

Injected and treated like a brisket

Foiled at about 170
509BDA13-7EC5-4A3D-8A9B-19FDB49ABA2E_zps5fllgr4e.jpg

BA3423BB-71FA-46E6-8075-A37DB45B15D0_zpspn49scsu.jpg

I've got to say I was impressed. Had to take it high to get tender. 210+. Amazingly moist and tender. Flavor was somewhere around the best non wagyu brisket flat I've done. Completely different than a grilled tri tip. Nice change of pace. Took maybe 3-4hr. Can't remember

One of the worst BBQ mistakes I ever made was to inject a Tri-Tip.
Now that may have been because I did not inject it with the right stuff but I swore that I would never again inject a Tri-Tip with anything. It completely changed the flavor of what I love about Tri-Tip. I also cooked it like I would every other time to med rare. I prefer beef rare and brisket does not exactly shine when cooked to med rare. I applaud your courage to cook a perfectly good TT to 170* then wrap in foil:mmph: But I would not be able to do that.
Perhaps if I tasted it, I would change my tune.
BTW, I have tried to cook brisket to med rare. Tastes fine but not fun to eat.

One of the worst BBQ mistakes I ever made was to inject a Tri-Tip.
Now that may have been because I did not inject it with the right stuff but I swore that I would never again inject a Tri-Tip with anything. It completely changed the flavor of what I love about Tri-Tip. I also cooked it like I would every other time to med rare. I prefer beef rare and brisket does not exactly shine when cooked to med rare. I applaud your courage to cook a perfectly good TT to 170* then wrap in foil:mmph: But I would not be able to do that.
Perhaps if I tasted it, I would change my tune.
BTW, I have tried to cook brisket to med rare. Tastes fine but not fun to eat.

Dont inject grilled tri tip, inject trisket.

The flavor between grilled tri tip and "trisket" is completely different. Note how hot I had to take it to get tender as well. a 150 degree tri tip is like eating a shoe. a 210+ tri tip was moist/tender/ridicuous

Back