Rack of Lamb - Heavy Pron

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've been trying to cook off of my "To Cook" list which is full of awesome dishes I've seen cooked up by the Brethren. Today I chose to take a cue from brother Moose who in the past was influenced by Deguerre & RedHot and cook some lamb.

I also haven't participated in a Throwdown in a while and there's a "Bone's Gone Wild" throwdown that I thought I could manage to join in on today. If you haven't visited the Throwdown sub-forum before you really should as there's some incredible food being cooked up by the Brethren here.

So today, I started with these ingredients recommended by Moose, Deguerre, and RedHot (in the middle of the prep here):
IMG_1037.jpg

These are the quantities I used:
1/4 Cup EVOO
1 heaping TBS of fresh thyme, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
zest & juice of 1 lemon
1 TSP sea salt
1/4 TSP fresh ground black pepper

Got these out to cover with the marinade for a few hours:
IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Then followed Moose's cue & topped with the Rub Co Original:
IMG_1066.jpg

The Mini Egg was fired up with a couple small chunks of pecan for smoke:
IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Loaded up the rack for some indirect cooking:
IMG_1077.jpg

When IT hit around 115 I removed the small pizza stone heat deflector and went direct to get a little crust going:
IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

I was shooting to pull at 140 and apparently took 1 or 2 pics too many (close enough for me):
IMG_1091.jpg

After a brief rest, sliced and plated:
IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

These were tender, juicy, and delicious!! Great call on the ingredients fellow Brethren! I will definitely be doing this again!

Thanks for looking!

I just love those little racks of lamb. :love:

That is beautiful. :hungry:

Ohhhhhhhhh! I did those last week and they were GREAT!

Those look awesome!:-D

Holy Smokes! John walked over and gave me one of those chops. I just had some family show up so we cut it up in four pieces. Everyone just about dropped over they were so good. The flavors, the smoke...perfection!
Well done and I am saving this thread.

man that lamb sure looks great, I need to add it to my to cook list.

Oh, my! That looks good enough to be illegal! Glad it's not. lol Great job!! :wink:

Just beautiful all the way around - very nicely done! :clap2:

Back