Dallas mini BBQ crawl (pic heavy)

erbeman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So for my son's birthday I decided to spend the entire day with him and hit up some of the best BBQ joints in Dallas. We started the day off fishing at a local pond that has stocked trout. Unfortunately, that didn't last long as we were both in shorts and t-shirt and it was cold and windy, so we nixed that after 30 minutes. Then we started out to Hutchins in McKinney which is my favorite place in DFW. They recently started cooking up big beef ribs on Saturdays. So I gave Dustin a call on Friday to make sure they would have them and see when the best time to come would be. He said they would be done at 9:00 AM. So, we showed up at 11:10 and this is what we were greeted with.

i-P6RCmCp-L.jpg

i-ZDDwwxd-L.jpg

i-ZsRXvq2-L.jpg

i-zMwF9pk-L.jpg

i-dVbCTnm-L.jpg

i-WgT8CPw-L.jpg

From there we went down to downtown Plano where they had just opened a 2nd location of Lockhart Smokehouse. So we had to go check it out. Man they make some good brisket and of course the jalapeno sausage is amazing, but its Kreuz sausage so I can't really give them the credit for it.

i-xCcskzT-L.jpg

i-QmXSJFt-L.jpg

i-fHzRLcV-L.jpg

i-WKfrqZB-L.jpg

i-QLP2bQ3-L.jpg

i-F932WqW-L.jpg

i-FQnGsh4-L.jpg

i-w6Q8grg-L.jpg

i-HSdSSdL-L.jpg

i-S5BVNsg-L.jpg

After eating here, we were stuffed, so I had to find some things for us to do before we headed to Slow Bone by Downtown Dallas. So we hit up Speedzone to do some runs in their dragsters. Man these things are so fun!

i-t4ZcSsH-L.jpg

i-R8nhnmn-L.jpg

i-4JFRpzm-L.jpg

Then we headed downtown to Klyde Warren park and I took him on a ride in the McKinney rail car. It was his first time to be in something like this and his first time to really be downtown. So it was pretty fun for us both.

i-mHVDS3g-L.jpg

We passed one of those bicycle bars. Those folks seemed to be having a pretty good time.

i-rW56HVC-L.jpg

So we then headed to Slow Bone, but unfortunately it was already closed for the day. So we headed home but decided for dinner, let's do something else fun, so we headed to our local coney shop and got some of these bad boys!

i-C9xx2HB-L.jpg

All in all it was a great day and hopefully we made some memories that will last a long time.

Looks like a fun day with the birthday boy! I'm sure he loved chilling with his pops!

Looks like a great time! I just recently relocated to Dallas from Austin and I am really happy about them opening a Lockhart BBQ in Plano. Cant wait to check it out.

What a great way to spend the day! Thanks for posting!

Looks like an Awesome Birthday Celebration. My favorite part of this was the Brisket on a Stick.

I got no Plans for this year and my Birthday is in April is that sufficient time to get on your calender :roll:

Erebman is the expert at DFW BBQ. When Chris (Sliding Billy) took me to Hutchins... it redeemed Dallas BBQ. Hutchins is the real deal.

Dallas BBQ is making a come back after some dark, dark years.If any one disagrees they you can apologize to my wife for all of bad bbq she has eaten there after being promised "good stuff".

Looks like an Awesome Birthday Celebration. My favorite part of this was the Brisket on a Stick.

I got no Plans for this year and my Birthday is in April is that sufficient time to get on your calender :roll:

Haha, certainly! Bring your blue butt up here and I'll take you around to our best joints!

Back