• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking Class Kettering Ohio~May 22, 2010

R

Rolling Smoke

Just in time for the debut of the grilling season! The Kettering American Legion Post 598 will be holding a one day cooking class with the 2007 Jack Daniels World Champion Chad "Podge" Hayden of Moonswiners giving up his secrets on how to be successful at the backyard grill. Some of the topics covered during the class will be;

• Equipment Selection
  • Meat Selection
  • Trimming & Prepping
  • Seasoning
  • Cooking
  • Serving
The class will begin at 11:00am and wrap up at 4:00pm. Immediately after the class all participants will be given the opportunity to take a trip down a buffet line and fill their plates with all the foods that have been discussed and prepared during the day.

The class will be held at the same location as the Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cook-off and it will be limited in size so don't sit on the fence too long thinking about this one.

The best part of all is the cost! A mere $50 per person is all it takes to learn cooking techniques from a world champion and get your belly full too!

For more information or to register go to www.ohiovetbbq.com and click on the picture of Podge with his JD trophies.

For a mere $10 per person I am willing to give a beer drinking class. Your beer, I drink, and later you can watch and listen to the smooth sounds and funky moves of the Perry Brothers.

Normally I would see the humor in that Dale but we're trying to do something to build this event for the teams and help the veterans.

Jim wish I could make it. Will be cooking down here for 3 graduations and indivduales that day. Been looking for a class like that. Thats a good thing Chad is doing.

By the way if you are not doing anything tomorrow stop down at the Vineyard Church on N. Main and Helena St. downtown dayton to sit and chat. PGBBQ 2010

Jim wish I could make it. Will be cooking down here for 3 graduations and indivduales that day. Been looking for a class like that. Thats a good thing Chad is doing.

By the way if you are not doing anything tomorrow stop down at the Vineyard Church on N. Main and Helena St. downtown dayton to sit and chat. PGBBQ 2010

Sorry you can't make it Roger. I doubt that I will be able to make it to the church tomorrow with all that has to be done in preparation for the class but hopefully we'll see you somewhere soon.

Back