BBQ Brethren "Far East Feast" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Feast From the Far East!"[/size]
far_east_disco_feast_2011_11090200411_l.jpg

Disco music is optional

...as chosen by Moose, the winner of the Fast Food Throwdown!

Here is how Moose would like this to unfurl...
Moose said:
Chris,

Here's the next category: ( I will send you a separate PM with my details for the TD Cert :becky:)

Feast From The Far East!

In this throwdown, you are called to cook ONE dish from one of the countries listed HERE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_East

Sides and garnishes are permitted.

And now, for everyone’s favorite part, The Special Farking Rules!

You must include the following in your entry:

• Food description, and country of origin
  • List of ingredients
  • At least one pic of your food item during the cook

I eagerly await that PM with the certificate details!:thumb:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/11 through Sunday 11/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 11/20.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 11/21 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 11/26. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the As Seen on TV Throwdown until Sunday night 11/13 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the It Came From the Sea Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Congrats Smokin Aussie! Oh, wait. We're supposed to have entries and a vote first aren't we? My bad.

Kinda looks like the Near West to me :noidea:

What do Siberians grill?

Oooh....

bds_logo1.jpg

I'm confused..... If I live on the west coast and am going to set sail tomorrow for the region you indicated, well wouldn't that be the Far West?

In case people are not understanding the rules, I am posting them in Engrish.

Our new category ...

"Feast from the Far East!"
far_east_disco_feast_2011_11090200411_l.jpg

Disco music is optional

... Such as mousse, chosen by the winners of the Fast Food Slow down!

Here is how you would like to extend Moose this ...
mousse said:
Chris,

Here are the following categories: (I for more proof of my TD, send a PM for specifics)

From the Far East feast!

In this slowdown, you are called to cook a dish from one of the countries listed here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_East

Are allowed to garnish the sides.

And now, everyone's favorite part, Farking special rules!

You must include the following in your entry.
Description of food, and country of origin
List of ingredients
At least one image of the item in your food during cooking

I am waiting for the certificate details and answers to hard!

Brothers BBQ to slow down rules, please click here ...

You are Sunday through Friday, November 20, entries can be submitted from November 11 to be cooked.

Photo of entries midnight Sunday night, November 20, until the time shall be submitted to Central America.

By sending a photo of the entry to the thread of this slowdown, the user has agreed to slow down and understand that you have read the rules.

I "vote" to submit a thread that runs from after Saturday, November 26, voting will begin on Monday, November 21. All votes will be published.

Please do not forget you can still be seen on TV input to slow down on Sunday night, November 13 at midnight Central Time.

Our next category, it will determine the winner of the slowdown came from the sea!

Best of luck and more are all eating better!

Well then. THAT certainly clears up a lot.

Actually, just realized that the REAL Throwdown rules are in a link, so I am including them here in Engrish. That way the complete rules have been translated.

Welcome to slow down in our backyard party! Please consider this forum in the thread, and as part of the event, such as the friendly neighborhood block party barbecue / grill contest theme!

Every week our new "category" featuring a. To contest the food is cooked according to the category of dishes pictures thread slows down the category (s) must be submitted.

Here are the rules then

1. Food, you will need to maintain a functional item that matches the category.
2. The item will grill or smoke in the process of cooking, food should be provided with a grill or smoke or a significant way.
3. Food is submitted, it must have been cooked during the time that it is accepting entries for category slowdown. This period is specified in the first article of each category of the slowdown.
4. All photos are (for any number) must be submitted by midnight Central Time on the last night accepting entries for the category.
5. I used to vote for an image from only one plate is used, please specify which one you want to be my final decision when I choose otherwise.
6. For your clarity, to touch up your photos, you can add / more interesting items in the background plate or, if necessary.
7. By posting a photo, has been granted consent for the pictures that you post or re-use materials related to the other brothers BBQ.
8. Any pictures to show off jokes you or photos of past work, you must have a disclaimer that it is not intended to be included in the photo thread of the vote.
09. There is no need to qualify for some reason, they believe, if there is a problem with one of the entries, the ME should not Complain! Instead, using threads VOTE, then please exercise your voting rights in their entries. Slow down to a thread posted with any other method, or am I directed to all complaints will be ignored.
10. I have an entry is found to be violating these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify the entry.
11. As in any neighborhood block party, there are children, it is part of the festival, family please keep your posts friendly.
12. Entries will be accepted only time the team is a team entry is made by a fellow brother in a bash, it's time entries must be submitted to and also the team name. Only individual entries will be accepted otherwise.

And finally it was found that people are not comfortable trying to hurt other people's spots in these Throwdowns and / or fun will be moderated until such time as a fun again, our little thrown from the party.

Yes, and have fun and get some food, let's see who wins this week with!

Rats! I should have specified that all entries need to be written in Engrish!

^^^You choose a TD, no entries are submitted, changed the first rule.

This will be very pleased to see how good everyone's Engrish are.

Oh great now arr entries must be submitted in engrish, I'rr have to rook at arr my ord schoor text books to brush up on my engrish. Googre transrate does not rist engrish as a transrateabre ranguage.

Oh werr atreast everthing stirr must be cooked on the grirr.

Oh great now arr entries must be submitted in engrish, I'rr have to rook at arr my ord schoor text books to brush up on my engrish. Googre transrate does not rist engrish as a transrateabre ranguage.

Oh werr atreast everthing stirr must be cooked on the grirr.

Your Engrish seem pretty good to me! But understand you only have to cook maybe one thing on grirr and not forget to take picture of it on grirr.

How far east? Philadelphia? New York? London? That's pretty far east.

A quick tutorial on using Google Translate to translate from English to Engrish.

First, go to http://translate.google.com

Next, select "From English" and "To Japanese"

In the left hand box, enter your text, like so:
Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

On the right side it will show the text translated into Japanese. My example text translated to this:
従ってください。しかし。あなたがたはこの洞窟の入り口には男はまだそれと戦ったないと生きてきたように残酷なので、汚い生き物に守られ、勇気の男性である場合にのみ従ってください。完全五十人の骨はその隠れ家散らばり横たわる。あなたの勇気やあなたの強さを疑うようなら、勇敢な騎士は、、死は厄介な、大きな、先のとがった歯であなたのすべてをお待ちしておりますため、それ以上来ない。

Highlight the Japanese text and copy it. Then paste the Japanese text into the box on the left, overwriting whatever was there before.

Next, change it to "From Japanese" and "To English". It should now convert it back to English, but it probably will be a little "odd". Like this.
Please follow. But. You are the man at the entrance to this cave has been so cruel to live without it and still fighting, dirty creature guarded, please follow only if they are men of courage. Fully fifty bones that lay scattered retreat. If you do suspect your courage and your strength, brave knight, death is a nasty, big, because we all look forward to your pointy teeth, come no further.

Back