• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

got a 22.5" webber kettle the otherday

bigluelok

Reaction score
one of the legs mounts is breaking off, the lid handle is not original and the lower vents are all the way open and i need to come up with a way to close them. do you think magnet sheets will work?

the good thing about this kettle is that it was free. i think they were using it as a firepit. pics later when i get home.

Sounds like a bar b kettle (with daisy vents on the bottom). They are supposedly a little better for smoking than the newer one touch, but more of a pain in the arse for ash removal and messing with the vents.

You can fix the leg mount by drilling the tabs and use a bolt and nut to secure it, as to the bottom vent being open, are the sweeper vanes missing? Or is the handle used to move the vanes missing, or is it stuck open? Pictures will help us remedy the problems and yes free is good!

You can fix the leg mount by drilling the tabs and use a bolt and nut to secure it, as to the bottom vent being open, are the sweeper vanes missing? Or is the handle used to move the vanes missing, or is it stuck open? Pictures will help us remedy the problems and yes free is good!
They are missing, so i was thinking i could use magnet sheets to control air flow.

Back