MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:47 AM   #16
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

Small refridge and sink with hot water.....and of course.....a large screen tv and music system.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #17
cfrazier77
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Craig

Kegorator...

Old 12-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #18
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Do a search and look at some of the builds from this site
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #19
Smoking Cajun
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokie185 View Post
I am currently building one using materials from these guys. You can probably get some good ideas from them.

https://www.bbqcoach.com/
Have you received the parts yet? How expensive is the shipping. This really looks like a great way to go. I plan on putting one in mid next year.

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #20
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

I'd think it really all depends on the size of the space available and what you like to do. I'd definitely want a charcoal/wood and maybe a gasser grill, flat top griddle, pizza oven of some sort (gas/wood/coal), gas deep fryer, sink, fridge, plenty of prep space, A/V system, a fire pit close by.
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #21
Pulmah Finger
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Ive built two different Outdoor Kitchens (different houses) and here is what i went with. Gas Grill 4 to 5 burner with rotisserie. Double side burner for stock pots, griddle, deep fryer, liquor still.

Sink to wash your hands (this could be a challenge as if you are going to be "washing" dishes this should really be plumbed to the sewer) I dont put bio waste down my sink, i just have a french drain.

STORAGE....cant stress that enough, drawers and under grill cabinets, you cant have enough. Where do you keep the seasoning, matches, grill brush, foil....etc.

Fridge, bottle opener, paper towel rack, light.

Oh and counter space near the grill or oven. I have pizza ovens so you need space to spread out ingredients and toss the dough. Layout is important.

I usually go to the local home show and talk with the island builders to see what they are doing for the 1%, and then do my 99% version of it. You will be surprised at what you need after you see it in practice. These things are hard enough to build once but to do it twice is maddening.
Pulmah Finger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #22
rus_bro
Full Fledged Farker

Great thread!...

Slowly planning an outdoor kitchen as well and I love the fact that most people here also think there should be a SantaMaria grill included. I get alot of odd looks when i say i want an open fire pit built in.

Do you guys think its necessary for a santa maria, gasser AND an egg/kettle? Or would that egg/kettle be redundant ???

rb

Old 12-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #23
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam

Stripper pole

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #24
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus_bro View Post
Great thread!...

Slowly planning an outdoor kitchen as well and I love the fact that most people here also think there should be a SantaMaria grill included. I get alot of odd looks when i say i want an open fire pit built in.

Do you guys think its necessary for a santa maria, gasser AND an egg/kettle?
Or would that egg/kettle be redundant ???
rb

Yes.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #25
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus_bro View Post
Great thread!...

Do you guys think its necessary for a santa maria, gasser AND an egg/kettle? Or would that egg/kettle be redundant ???

rb
There will be times when you just want to cook a few burgers, grill some fish, or cook some sausages. Are you willing to start up the santa maria for that? Kettles hide well, and can serve as an extra place to set things on wheels.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #26
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
There will be times when you just want to cook a few burgers, grill some fish, or cook some sausages. Are you willing to start up the santa maria for that? Kettles hide well, and can serve as an extra place to set things on wheels.

That's my biggest issue holding me back from a santa maria. how often am I going to put in the work to get wood burning to fire up burgers for me and the wife

If I dump charcoal in it, it's just an expensive grill with an adjustable rack

/back on topic

Old 12-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #27
Smokie185
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Cajun View Post
Have you received the parts yet? How expensive is the shipping. This really looks like a great way to go. I plan on putting one in mid next year.

Thanks!
When I ordered mine, shipping was 99.00 but you could really load up the order for that same shipping price. I believe they may have changed their shipping prices lately. Everything is packaged so that it can all be shipped via UPS and delivered to your door.

If you order from them I recommend you call them to be sure you get what you will need and not order some things you don't need.

There are quite a few videos available on their site and on Youtube to see how it all goes together.

Here are a couple of pics of the section my Weekender will sit in. The drop down module where the box is sitting will hold the smoker.

Back splash framing.

One of the Drawers mounted.

I am putting 2 drawers and 2 doors in this section and I am thinking of a tile countertop.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #28
Smokie185
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
This looks interesting.

http://www.peoriacookers.com/custom-...-open-pit.html

Old 12-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #29
Smoking Piney

Name/Nickname : John

I don't have an outdoor kitchen, but I can certainly envision one without getting too fancy:

A roof that's ventilated with an exhaust fan or two
Ability to enclose sides for driving rain / snow
Good lighting for night cooks
Plenty of power outlets
Sink / running water
Plenty of counter space for prep
Decent sized fridge to hold cold (beer comes to mind )
Cambro or two to hold hot
Easy access to the house

One fine day, I shall have this kitchen........

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #30
pharp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
I'm contemplating having an outdoor kitchen installed.

I have limited space, but enough for a decent setup I believe.

For those who have experienced outdoor kitchens what are some "must haves" in your opinion? I know this is a personal thing, but hoping to get some ideas from fellow brethren.

Thanks!
Following. I hope to build one this summer.
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote