My First Smoker Build from fuel oil tank

plush2426

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just finished my first smoker build using an old fuel oil tank using a design more similar to ones built using old propane tanks. I will be cooking on it for the first time this weekend and I am curious how well it will perform, has anyone else every used a smoker made from an old fuel oil tank similar to this one? BTW I have had two fires in it when it was finished to season the inside and cure the paint on the outside and it seemed to hold temp very easily...

Attachments

• 100_0928.jpg
    100_0928.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_0931.jpg
    100_0931.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_0932.jpg
    100_0932.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_0933.jpg
    100_0933.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 223
Thats one awesome build! Very well thought out. Im guessing the top of the firebox opens for direct grilling over the fire?

Yep, I wanted to have direct heat for steaks, burgers, etc. and to also char some things like country ribs, chicken wings, sausages, etc after they are finished on the actuall smoker....

Looks great. The firebox looks plenty big enough, should maintain tems good!

Nicely done!! Being vertically challenged, I especially like the fact that its lower than most propane tank smokers for easier access. Looks like you got a ton o room in there, and The grill feature on the firebox is nice too. Now lets see her in action!!

You did an awesome job! Finest oil tank build I have ever seen.
I can appreciate the amount of work that went into that build.
Good luck on your first cook!

Back