New Guys from Southern California

wallythorn

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Excited to be a part of this forum. I am very new to smoking. So new in fact that I don't even have a smoker yet. I joined BBQ Brethren to get some tips on picking a smoker and on starting out.

Previously, I had a Weber Kettle that I loved for basic grilling (never tried smoking) but had to part ways with it when I moved from UT to CA. My new apartment complex does not allow charcoal grills so I'm trying to find something that will work while I live here.

I've always loved outdoor cooking in general which is only surpassed by my love for eating! Excited to learn from all of you. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona... Looks like a pellet cooker may be in your future.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard Wally, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back