MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #61
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texana View Post
You call it spirit. I call it unity. Tolerance works as well. Until we see more of that everywhere there is little chance that we can all be more accepting and understanding. But it needs to start here not just on the competition field.

Thanks for letting me say what was on my mind.
I'd just question what you're asking some folks to tolerate. Tolerating someone's opinions is one thing but standing up for friends is quite another.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #62
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
If the beer is free and cold I'll drink with just about anyone!

if it's free it is already cold enough.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #63
redneck cooker
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
I'd just question what you're asking some folks to tolerate. Tolerating someone's opinions is one thing but standing up for friends is quite another.
Why should you or anyone else stand up for someone that If They were offended in any way, could join here and take up for themselves? Must not be Very bad If the people, involved didnt cry foul??? I just think some here want it to be Very narrow minded to à few KCBS select cookers. ....Most comp cooks I know dont take offense unless aimes at them personally......oh well

Old 07-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #64
mw
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Yep, KCBS sure corrected the error. Congrats to Oh Kay Cee's though for a great finish in a tough crowd!
The quote could be taken a little sarcastic.
You came in 11th by .0002 points.
Oh Kay Cee's hosed you.
Your comments have been "tolerated" and you took up for your friends.
Get over it.
mw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #65
Texana
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
No need to question what I am asking anyone to tolerate. Personally it just bothered me that some got so upset about something really so trivial (in my opinion) with bigger issues on this forum than this.
Texana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #66
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck cooker View Post
Why should you or anyone else stand up for someone that If They were offended in any way, could join here and take up for themselves? Must not be Very bad If the people, involved didnt cry foul??? I just think some here want it to be Very narrow minded to à few KCBS select cookers. ....Most comp cooks I know dont take offense unless aimes at them personally......oh well
I don't know how you were raised, but being a native Texan I tend to do that.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #67
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Ranger, I'll put it in simplest terms... in BBQ, it's not cool to be happy someone lost, ESPECIALLY publicly. The post simply implied he was happy Quau lost. That's not the spirit of BBQ, as I mentioned and if it is in Texas, you can bet YOUR ass I won't be back to compete down there.
Perhaps its my boyish good looks that leads one to perceive I'm slow? Thanks for slowing down and simplifying whats "cool" and the "spirit" of BBQ.

I've never organized an event, won any championships, hell I've never even placed first in one category, but I have cooked in my short "career" in 5 different states and all certainly have allowed me to perceive what is the spirit of BBQ. Its not much different from California to Alabama to Texas.

Now about this drinking together thing, I'll toss back a cold one with anyone, well honestly, it probaby does not have to be cold. I'll talk, sports, politics, religon, Hell we can even debate what we think the spirit of BBQ means.

But if any discussions of emoticons comes up, I'm out.
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #68
chambersuac

Quote:
From your posts in this thread, I have learned the following about you:
1. You have no loyalty to friends;
2. You have no understanding of basic decency;
3. You don't understand who the Brethren are or how we think;
4. You may live in Texas, but you don't hold Texas values;
5. You give Texans and BBQ a bad name.

Why do I say that???? You posted as stupid arse comment that no true decent man would post - and when called on it, you didn't apologize or set the record straight like a real man would do. YOu talk outta your arse, not like a Texan should talk.

I don't care who you are - or where you're from - but if you speak ill of my kinfolk or my friends, I'm gonna defend them unless you have some damn good reason and proof for doing so. (and, yes, I'm a Texan living in IL)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #69
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
I guess you have no idea the kind of people Mike and Beth are. You were told they expressed their appreciation for our support here. And I guess it's because they are friends that some of us take exception. Most people I know around here support their friends even if something isn't aimed at us personally. The problem I have with you is you KNOW what you meant and you KNOW how it was taken by Quau, Why can't you even apologize for the whole attitude towards them? It's not bad enough that you don't accept that you might have hurt someone's feelings but you compound it by your brash "who cares" attitude afterwards.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #70
chambersuac

This whole thread has turned into a train wreck due to some stupid arse posts. We should be celebrating the accomplishments of those who have won. Sorry that I got involved other than to say, "Congrats to all who walked"!

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #71
mw
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
This whole thread has turned into a train wreck due to some stupid arse posts. We should be celebrating the accomplishments of those who have won. Sorry that I got involved other than to say, "Congrats to all who walked"!
Well said!!
Congratulations to the Jarretts, She Thinks My Slabs R Sexy, and all those that earned a spot in Bentonville!
mw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #72
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
On this note, let's turn the thread back to its original intention. To congratulate ALL the teams. This is the second warning. The next step will be to lock and scrub the thread or remove it completely. We'd rather not have to do either one. Both the opinion and the folks in question have been defended by both sides. Let's leave it at that.

Thanks,

Mods
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #73
Jeff_in_KC

I've already promised someone else I'd let it go. No point banging heads against brick walls when people don't get it so I'm done commenting on the whole issue. You're welcome! LOL!
KCBS Member #14287

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #74
Texana
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
On this note, let's turn the thread back to its original intention. To congratulate ALL the teams. This is the second warning. The next step will be to lock and scrub the thread or remove it completely. We'd rather not have to do either one. Both the opinion and the folks in question have been defended by both sides. Let's leave it at that.

Thanks,

Mods
Agreed. Congrats to Glenn. Great job and what a great win. Three 2nd place calls. I dont care where you cook or what event that is a great day. Congrats to the other 9 who get to advance to the finals.
Texana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #75
Kosmo's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Great job to Glenn and Munchin Hogs. Very impressive showing from both teams and can't wait to see you guys in Bentonville, Ark. Congrats to everyone else who got a call as well!

Kosmo
Kosmo's Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->