MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #16
bacchus99
Full Fledged Farker

I'd cook 11 or 12 butts for 100 ppl. That's using 1/2lb a person cooked. I'd imagine you'd have plenty left...I usually use the 1/3lb a person and have plenty left if making sammiches.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
rickv14623
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansabbq View Post
She asked if I could smoke half the pulled pork. About 200 invited. PS, I love lurking around here. Great bunch of folks!
Not sure how to read this. She wants you to smoke PP for 1/2 the people coming (100) or all 200 are getting PP and you have to do half (also 100) or are you doing PP for 200?

One of the best things said in this thread was that it is easier to old done PP than to try to make them finish faster

Good luck!

Old 04-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #18
kansabbq
Found some matches.

Thanks for the tips brothers. Yes, I'm doing half, my ex is doing the other. I need enough for 100. I'm going to do two and some ribs tonight just to try it out, and season the WSM a little.
I'm going to do it a couple days ahead and put in foil pans. Is four days ahead too long?
Don't want start a riot, but... Water in the pan or not. Also wrap the butts after they get a nice color or not. Thanks!!
kansabbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #19
kansabbq
Found some matches.

Also, this will be for sandwiches, I was thinking 1/3 lb per person at most. There will be lots of other things to munch on also.
kansabbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #20
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

I think we have a thread somewhere for this. It's called "Can the Brethren count to 100". ;D
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #21
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

one...

Sorry, what I mean, is...

You can cook the butts up to several days in advance, but, without vacuum sealing them, you will, IMO, lose quality after the second or third day. My belief is that you can hold the pork quite well for up to 3 days in a nice cold fridge, if you cover it well. Evaporation is the real issue, the meat desiccates in the fridge over time.

On reheating, I like to add a little moisture, water or apple juice works, to get some steam rolling.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote