MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default dang it all

Woke up this morning and the foot was a little wonky, actually, the pain woke me up at 5am. But, I can suffer through it, yes I can. I put a corned beef on the kettle, it is locked in at 250F, foot is ringing in pain by noon, and no drugs in the house. Had to call cousin for help, I hate asking for help. But, all it no lost...

Cause I am eating a fattie and fried egg sandwich, nice and crispy after heating on a griddle...I am happy and foot pain be D*mned! Ain't nothing as good as a Egg McFattie Sandwich

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
mbshop
Babbling Farker

yep, hard to beat a sammie like that. as to the pain, drugs are yer friend !

Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

Amen on the sammie hope all is well with the foot
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
landarc

I thought I started this in the Woodpile, no? This is some good pain killer

Well, George, I doubt it is like the pain you have from your back. It was your back right?

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
chambersuac

sandwich sounds good. What's up with your foot? Get better soon...

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
landarc

the deal is, I injured it playing golf, I thought I could drive the green on a 280 yard par four, which meant I could pull even on my bet. Anyway, I pulled it way left into the tall TALL grass. I then was frustrated and stomped into the grass until I stuck my foot into a gopher or ground squirrel hole and really damaged a bunch of stuff. The next day, I was headed for a meeting, and I normally wore western boots with a riding heel, when I hit a stepping stone that was not anchored well, did more.damage. By then, I had torn ligaments, tendons and muscles from the lower calf down to the metatarsals. Essentially, I could be disabled if I wanted to be. But, even better, it refuses to heal due to damage to my arteries and veins in the right hip as a result of radiation poisoning when things went awry with a poorly written software program when I was dealing with cancer. So, now they think it will never heal fully. I don't make a big deal of it, but, sometimes, a fattie and egg sandwich just makes it all feel better.

BTW, Dan, the reason I have never mentioned it or asked for prayer etc...is that my personal belief does not include the idea of asking for things that would make my life softer or easier. I am not one to complain, and quite frankly, life is pain, if you let the little things get to you, then everything becomes a burden. I probably should not have been betting on golf or been so proud that I thought I could pull off an incredible shot. Pride goeth before the fall, eh? Farking squirrels!

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 03-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
chambersuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
the deal is, I injured it playing golf, I thought I could drive the green on a 280 yard par four, which meant I could pull even on my bet. Anyway, I pulled it way left into the tall TALL grass. I then was frustrated and stomped into the grass until I stuck my foot into a gopher or ground squirrel hole and really damaged a bunch of stuff. The next day, I was headed for a meeting, and I normally wore western boots with a riding heel, when I hit a stepping stone that was not anchored well, did more.damage. By then, I had torn ligaments, tendons and muscles from the lower calf down to the metatarsals. Essentially, I could be disabled if I wanted to be. But, even better, it refuses to heal due to damage to my arteries and veins in the right hip as a result of radiation poisoning when things went awry with a poorly written software program when I was dealing with cancer. So, now they think it will never heal fully. I don't make a big deal of it, but, sometimes, a fattie and egg sandwich just makes it all feel better.

BTW, Dan, the reason I have never mentioned it or asked for prayer etc...is that my personal belief does not include the idea of asking for things that would make my life softer or easier. I am not one to complain, and quite frankly, life is pain, if you let the little things get to you, then everything becomes a burden. I probably should not have been betting on golf or been so proud that I thought I could pull off an incredible shot. Pride goeth before the fall, eh? Farking squirrels!
Wow, Bob...a golf combined with a SQUIRREL related injury??? Really? You ARE the Brethren extraordinaire, if you ask me. ;)

As far as not asking for prayers, that's okay. And...you're right..life is pain - or full of it, anyway. However, not to hijack any further, I would say, if Jesus teaches us to pray for ourselves (which He did) as well as others, it's okay...as long as it's not a selfish, sinful prayer, like..."Dear Lord, let me have Bob's fattie sandwich right now" :)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
hamiltont
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : hamiltont

I sure hope you put a slice of cheese on that egg & fatty muffin. That's my soul food breakfast almost every morning. Just seems to make the day go by easier.

Good luck with the bum foot. Those kinds of injuries take a long time to heal. Cheers!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
landarc

My doc used to be a trainer for the CAL football team and assisted with the 49ers, she said in her 7 years doing that, she never saw a worse soft tissue injury. Woohoo! I couldn't be a professional athlete, but, I can injure myself like one...

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #10
Midnight Smoke

Food sounds good, foot not so great. Hope you get better soon. No wonder I do not Golf, to dang dangerous.

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
landarc

pastrami has been on the kettle now for almost 6 hours, getting close.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:
You are a freakin' mess

Quote:
pastrami has been on the kettle now for almost 6 hours, getting close.
What time is dinner
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
landarc

Indeed I am

what?

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
keale
Babbling Farker

WHERE'S THE PICS?? You know what they say....aaaahhhh never mind...
I would love McFATTIE! I hope you feel better Bob!
Take pics when your foot turns green, that would be cool!
Weber Performer (169.00/brand new mod.)
Weber Handles from www.amlwoodart.com
UDS
22.5" Weber kettle, (refuse collector mod.)
18" Weber kettle (almost new craigslist $20 mod)

"crest of a breaking wave" thats my name...
keale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Sorry the foot is bothering you, Bob. A nice fatty sandwich makes everything better :) Now follow that up with a pastrami Reuben and all will be right in the world!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote