Steam Table: Open Well vs. Sealed Well?

speers90

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For those of you who use steam tables, what are the pro's and con's of open well vs. sealed well steam tables? If it makes a difference I am looking at 4 well gas steam tables.

I'm not positive this is right but I think sealed wells are built better and more costly. They have a drain valve to drain the water for cleaning. The open well has removable pans for water and must be removed and dumped. I have the Duke 4 well (open well) unit and it is great.

I'm not positive this is right but I think sealed wells are built better and more costly. They have a drain valve to drain the water for cleaning. The open well has removable pans for water and must be removed and dumped. I have the Duke 4 well (open well) unit and it is great.

All true. If you need a steam table for a full service restaurant, sealed is the way to go. It will stand up to the use and it's much easier to keep clean.

If you need a steam table for the occasional use, go with an open table. Open table won't take the abuse but it will be half the price.

Back