MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 05-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #106
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
Yeah that HEB plus isn't too far from live oak. That's where I'm planning on getting our stuff at when we get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
we love HEB. you basically take a right out of Live Oak and a left at the end of the road and it will take you right to HEB.
That sounds fantastic, this bash gets more and more alluring each minute. I'll have to change what I said on the sign up sheet, I will be able to bring supplies. I still want to be put on a cooking team -- I'll work out what I shop for with my brother in charge.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 05-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #107
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
no cabins. i thought you had a tent with a/c?
I do. Was thinking for people who might fly in could rent a cabin instead of staying in a hotel somewhere but since they don’t have cabins that won’t work.
Paul, you need to contact the park people and explain we need some cabins built before October.......
Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #108
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Hey Paul, which of them “ Famous” Q Joints are easy drive from Austin or Belton.? Any line out where one could Hit one for lunch then head to another for supper.? Hit 2 Thursday then 2 Friday then Sat Bash.?

Quote:
https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/2017-top-50-bbq-map/

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/th...ints-in-texas/

I Guess heading to Lockhart there's 4 or 5 of them?........ Kruez Market, Smitty's, Black's, City Market, Salt Lick, ?
Quote:
Black Box in Georgetown
LA BBQ in Austin
Louie Mueller and Taylor Cafe in Taylor
Miller's in Belton

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You Out of Staters/Countryers might oughta get Weds Nite too and do a Thurs/Friday BBQ Tour.....n Sat Bash.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Belt...412d5fe114!3e0
I'm thinking I need to take Thurs/Fri Off and drive down Weds Nite...........

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 05-02-2018 at 08:59 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 05-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #109
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

^ I'll check it out. I'm leaving home around Oct 14/15 to take my time and check out the scenery. If I don't check out the BBQ joints before, I can after the bash. Just have to get home in enough time to turn the heat on -- or, I could set it to 45* and do as I please….
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #110
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' View Post
^ I'll check it out. I'm leaving home around Oct 14/15 to take my time and check out the scenery. If I don't check out the BBQ joints before, I can after the bash. Just have to get home in enough time to turn the heat on -- or, I could set it to 45* and do as I please….
If you cross into the USA via Niagra Falls, check out the Amish communities in Pennsylvania. When I was there, I had some nice experiences with buggy's at the grocery store and tractors pulling enclosed trailers (cabinet makers and home builders mainly).

Nashville and Memphis are nice too and generally along the way to the bash.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:12 AM   #111
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

i put in for the week off so i can try to make some of these trips with you guys.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #112
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

Now I'm hoping my other commitment falls through!!

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #113
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Would love to do more time but this trip is wiping out all my time off. I re up vacation time in November but can't take it till I get it. Would love to hit some of the joints with y'all but just can't swing anymore time.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/URL]
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #114
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
Would love to do more time but this trip is wiping out all my time off. I re up vacation time in November but can't take it till I get it. Would love to hit some of the joints with y'all but just can't swing anymore time.
What days will you be here. ? Could Hit 1 or 2 of the Lockhart Area ones Friday...... or Friday Chillin n Relaxing after the Drive n grillin steaks.

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 05-03-2018 at 12:12 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #115
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Dennis is going to run out of money as well as time, you should see the Damascus folders we're telling him to buy for his wife's anniversary gift.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #116
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
What days will you be here. ? Could Hit 1 or 2 of the Lockhart Area ones Friday...... or Friday Chillin n Relaxing after the Drive n grillin steaks.
Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
Old 05-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #117
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Probably be tired after the road. Chilling and grilling steaks will be the plan. Oh and drinking.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #118
wihint
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
i put in for the week off so i can try to make some of these trips with you guys.
LOL it was part of my negotiation for my new job..... fortunately as a Chef asking for time off for a food festival (even a private one) is actually understood kinda....

Weber 22, Weber 22 OTG, Weber 16 and Kamado
wihint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #119
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

I just spent ~$1800 today getting my car ready for the drive to Texas -- including new brakes all around (they had to be done anyway, so did the winter tire swap for all-seasons). Nothing automotive can stop me, now! My mechanic is looking for a demo roof rack for me, never know what I might find to haul home…. or there, actually.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #120
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by wihint View Post
LOL it was part of my negotiation for my new job..... fortunately as a Chef asking for time off for a food festival (even a private one) is actually understood kinda....
Well now our expectations are gonna be a little higher. glad you can make it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote