MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:50 AM   #1
KingRanch450
is One Chatty Farker

Default Q trip to Snows and Mueller

Went to see my Dad for his 70th and he wanted to go the cattle sale barn in Lexington and my immediate thought was Snows! I told him no way we would get in as we were going to late but we'd at least see it. Got there....no lines, no people...WTH?

After we headed to Taylor for Louie Mueller....great scene, great Q, true central Tx brisket....salt/pepper...heavy on the pepper!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snows.jpg (45.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg snows 2.jpg (77.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg snows 3.jpg (38.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Mueller.jpg (47.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Mueller 2.jpg (46.0 KB, 122 views)

Old 09-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Ate at Louie Mueller's on Saturday also. We were second in line. Ordered a dino rib, two jalapeño sausages and two pork ribs along with a couple of sides and two Big Red's. The beef rib was out of this world, of course, and the other was excellent.

Been to Snows's, Luling City Market, Blacks, Smitty's and Kreuz. Out of that group, my favorite is Louie Mueller's followed closely with Snow's.
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #3
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

That’s 2 of the greats. Wish I was headed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

I’ve often wondered if the legendary long lines sold out by 1pm keeps a lot of people from even attempting. I reckon being totally closed has the same effect. I’m not a great dine out person but I have eaten at three of Texas Monthly top rated Tyler’s-Pecan Lodge-EvieMaes And Spicy Mike’s an HM. EvieMaes has had the longest lines, maybe 15-20 minutes.
Haven’t been to Austin 500 mi away in a while. Seems like several big boys and smaller players are moving north to metroplex south and SE.

Rib Crib is running an 8.95 monster bbq sandwich with a side. My Bride and I could easily split into a meal for two. I’ve only eaten there once-but it was really good. It’s less than 1/2 mile away.

Eating out-in general seems to be going hotter than hell as ever. Some of the big chains are empty-or at least plenty of parking. Burger joints are always busy.
Maybe it’s the lure of fries.

Most of the food I see on here looks as good or better than what I’ve had in restaurants. There are some awesome cooks here.

Another observation- fusion bbq-TexMex BBQ- sauces where before there were none- beef and ribs where once only whole Hog. Times seem to be changing- slowly though

Last edited by 16Adams; 09-17-2018 at 09:05 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #5
KingRanch450
is One Chatty Farker

The line at Louie Mueller was about 15-20 minutes....the side of the restaurant where you order and can sit was hot...probably 90 degrees...like walking into a sauna. We sat in the other room and it was comfortable. Brisket was great, beer was cold and the cobbler and ice cream was awesome!
Old 09-17-2018, 07:55 PM   #6
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

So sorry you missed Snow's. I was there with Frognot earlier this year and then headed to Mueller's for second lunch. As I recall we both thought the bbq at Mueller's was a step up from Snow's on that day, but both were outstanding. Congrats to Tootsie! What an honor! I'd love to give that trip another go!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-21-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
longwayfromhome
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanch450 View Post
The line at Louie Mueller was about 15-20 minutes....the side of the restaurant where you order and can sit was hot...probably 90 degrees...like walking into a sauna. We sat in the other room and it was comfortable. Brisket was great, beer was cold and the cobbler and ice cream was awesome!
The day we went it was hot as summer back home in Australia ... there was a girl standing outside who said she was cooling off - it was 101F in the shade!! We just looked at each other, shook our heads and went inside - it was 112F inside Muellers!