BBQ Brethren "Let's Do it Aussie Style" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new category is called...

[SIZE=+2]"Let's Do it Aussie Style!"

[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]
Australia-Day-009_zpsef3785b7.jpg
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Looks like good eats to me!
[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]
As chosen by
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]AussieTitch, for his landslide victory n in the "Nuts" Throwdown!

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!

AussieTitch said:
An American was hoping to immigrate to Australia.
Upon arriving in Australia, he was questioned by a customs officer, “What is your business in Australia?”

“I wish to immigrate,” was the Americans reply .

The customs officer then asked, “Do you have a conviction record?”

Confused, the American replied, “I didn’t think you still needed one.”

I suggest the next Throwdown be "Australian ".
Only rule would be,present something that says Australia to you.
we do have great sense of humour and usually expect to made fun of.
Your turn to Google us.
Ten Australian foods to help you on your way.

1. Barbeque, usually a line of Barbies,burnt offerings of Sausage and chops or steak, turned constantly .while drinking copious amounts of beer.
2.The Australian Meat Pie, full of stuff you would not normally eat but goes great with Beer and Football.
3.Vegemite,on Toast,with Lettuce ,or what gets between your toes when wearing thongs
4.Lammington, usually associate with the local church fundraiser,washed down with a cup of Tea for the Shiela's or a Beer for the blokes
5.BBQ Chicken,crisp Dry and washed down with Beer

6.Spaghetti Bolognese, The sauce came in a Can and was ok, as it was never touched by any Italian Hands

7.Roast Lamb,Sunday roast that perfumed the country, Ladies served it up after Church with ample Bottles of Beer for the Blokes

8.Pavlova.Really Australian but the Kiwi's keep trying to lay claim to it
9.Violet Crumble, Something to suck on after a Sunday drinking beer.

10. Fish and Chips, Friday night delight washed down with ample beer.

Hmmmm...Sounds like we get to drink a LOT of beer, which is always a good thing! :becky:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/15 through Sunday 3/24.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 3/25.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...[FONT=&quot]

Please note that THIS is the entry thread.
QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread.

Discussion Thread is HERE.

Best of luck and even better eats to all![/FONT]

Last edited:
My goodness...! I remember years ago here when we had Paul Hogan commercials, one with a slogan of "put another shrimp on the barbie for ya." I believe it was a Foster's commercial. What ya think???

"Hmmmm...Sounds like we get to drink a LOT of beer, which is always a good thing! "

Get no argument from me!

Yeah, Traditional Aussie Barbie is a high heat affair...so to speak, Moose is right (or was it Titchie) chicken has to be crispy and it's all about the grill!
Good news, we do eat potato salads and rice and taters and so on, even slaw and saurkraut...but snags play a big part, as does chops and seafood and steaks and anything grilled.
This will be great fun seeing what our 'mercan cousins knock out as Aussie tucker.
I know of a few brethren who definitely have a vegemite style product!:wink:

Re: COMING FRIDAY-> BBQ Brethren "Let's Do it Aussie Style" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Looks like I picked the wrong week to go on the wagon. :tsk:

This might be a tough one. No oceans around here for miles, all the fish come out of lakes with ice on top of them, vega-what?, lamb might be doable, sausage and chicken is always fair game. Hmmmmm....

This might be a tough one. No oceans around here for miles, all the fish come out of lakes with ice on top of them, vega-what?, lamb might be doable, sausage and chicken is always fair game. Hmmmmm....

We might be an Island, but it,s a dam big one.
Many people have Never eaten fresh Seafood

Oh PLEASE brother bigbutz, I freakin adore your creative cooks!!!:pray:

Hi AussieTitch
You need to and another Aussie food to your list:
Bubble & squeek, served next day in Country Pubs after the lamb roast dinner to help settle the stomach from the previous night's beer
John

Hi AussieTitch
You need to and another Aussie food to your list:
Bubble & squeek, served next day in Country Pubs after the lamb roast dinner to help settle the stomach from the previous night's beer
John

Bubble and Squeak is pommie grub John.
Real Aussies order another farking drink to settle the tum!:tongue:
:biggrin1:

Bubble and Squeak is pommie grub John.
Real Aussies order another farking drink to settle the tum!:tongue:
:biggrin1:

Of course it is but check 6 & 7. Spaghetti Bolognese & Roast Lamb.:blah:
The Aussie Country pub invariable served the bubble & squeak with lamb chops & eggs or steak & eggs for a good Aussie breakfast.
But I agree that the "real" breakfast of champions is a VB or a Fosters or XXXX or Swan Lager (or whatever according to where you come from).
John

After a few wrong turns I've found some simple, hearty, Aussie fare in my latest google. Really looking forward to feeding my friends down under with something unexpected. :biggrin1:

I'm not sure where to post this, perhaps both places, as I can see this rapidly deteriorating. I got started yesterday. I know Aussies love beetroot, so these were cleaned and put into the Primo indirect at around 300* for around 3 hours or so.

IMG_7206.jpg

They were sliced up...

IMG_7207.jpg

and hopefully they'll be ready next weekend.

May I presume correctly that our Aussie Mates are going to enter the Aussie challenge?

*OFFICIAL ENTRY* - Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Irish Dinner

Hope you all have a great one!:thumb:

Did you know about the "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown or the "Let's Do It Aussie Style" Throwdown? You should join them!:cool:

Let's get to dinner then...

Corned Beef...
r_IMG_1754_zpsa96ec91d.jpg

Gettin' smokey...
r_IMG_1757_zps6e707e67.jpg

Some sort of veggies...

r_IMG_1755_zps1cc6a175.jpg

Chopped and tossed in a pan...

r_IMG_1756_zps60a632f5.jpg

Guinness and Beef Bouillon (sodium free)...

r_IMG_1758_zpsc33fce0a.jpg

Smokey Corned Beef...

r_IMG_1759_zpsf900e60a.jpg

Wrap and cook...

r_IMG_1760_zps102ed2a7.jpg

Getting tender...

r_IMG_1761_zps384ce944.jpg

Sliced, pulled and back in the pan...

r_IMG_1762_zpsd8bada1a.jpg

Sauerkraut...

r_IMG_1763_zpsc858044b.jpg

Back in the cooker to make it hot...

r_IMG_1764_zps0a202433.jpg

Serve with your favorite mustards...

r_IMG_1765_zpsc120ae7b.jpg

EAT!:hungry:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

st-patricks-day-wallpaper-1280x1024.jpg

May I presume correctly that our Aussie Mates are going to enter the Aussie challenge?

I would NOT presume...we are very likely to get soooo pissed, so smashed off our BOOBIES... we don't plate a farkin' thing up...just like proper Aussie bbq's.:wink:

Of course it is but check 6 & 7. Spaghetti Bolognese & Roast Lamb.:blah:
The Aussie Country pub invariable served the bubble & squeak with lamb chops & eggs or steak & eggs for a good Aussie breakfast.
But I agree that the "real" breakfast of champions is a VB or a Fosters or XXXX or Swan Lager (or whatever according to where you come from).
John
Wait...are you trying to suggest Spag Bog and roast lamb are done somewhere else:confused:

Some Aussie classics there tho John, Steak eggs and chips, Bacon and egg sammies too!

Kathy has launched the purple grenade so she has gone to war ealry.
This thing is going to get red hot!:blah:

Back