Frontier lump charcoal at lowe's

I too like Cowboy, but can't always find it. I use Kingsford Lump from Menards and it is very good IMHO. It burns long, hot and without a lot of ash.

Last year it was carried by Sam's in 40lb bags in most parts of the country( but not in Maine, unfortunately). There were no complaints that I remember reading about, got the impression that people using considered it good stuff. The Lowes up here are only stocking Cowboy BTW:sad:

I was not happy with Frontier when i tried it. Sparky, inconsistent burn and mostly there were a lot of small pieces.

Paul

I was not happy with Frontier when i tried it. Sparky, inconsistent burn and mostly there were a lot of small pieces.

Paul

Hmm interesting. The reason I liked Frontier was the large whole pieces of hardwood lump and very little sparking.

I wonder if they have changed up manufacturers?

Best of the West will have huge chunks that you can break up into smaller sizes. Great value in my book. I liked the Lazzari when i could get it too.

Paul

It was all enormous chunks, which I suppose is better than little bitty pieces, but it didn't burn well in the BS Keg, had a lot of ash, and a horrible odor that kept SWMBO on my a$$ every time I attempted to cook with it.

I'm not even sure the remainder started when I threw it on the burn pile...

I like the lazzari for steaks & burgers for sure, it can be a bit sparky, but then again I also light it with one of these...

image_11749.jpg

Back