Cowboy Lump on sale at Lowe's

Thanks for the info-but i'll pass on this deal since it's Cowboy. I just don't care for it.

Thanks for the info-but i'll pass on this deal since it's Cowboy. I just don't care for it.

I've never used it personally, but I've heard that from a couple people. Figured I'd post it anyway.

I've used it. Not the best as the pieces seem to go from one extreme to the next and will occasionally find "junk" mixed in with the lump. I've heard they have been better lately, so I will give them a try. I'll pick up four bags. At $5/bag, it's only $2 bucks off of reg price.

I've tried it, found lots of junk ply wood, metal,plastic...) I have used Ro steakhouse from menards for under six bucks a bag, haven't found junk in it.

Worst crap on the market. I wouldn't pay them a buck a bag.

I almost made the mistake of buying some once. But thanks to this site and the Naked Wiz I bought RO from Walmart instead.

I've tried it, found lots of junk ply wood, metal,plastic...) I have used Ro steakhouse from menards for under six bucks a bag, haven't found junk in it.

Been using RO Steakhouse also for sometime now. Last bag I found a large fist size piece of fiberglass insulation! Needless to say I was NOT pleased. I have also used Cowboy. I did not find it as awful as some. RO is my choice, just not really needing to find anymore building materials in the bag! :shocked:

I agree with the others. I've used it too (still have some too) and it's loaded with crap wood. Stay away. The remaining I'm using up after meat is foiled to keep it warm.

I'm not a lump charcoal snob at all I will use any that I can find at a reasonable price but after using Cowboy lump a couple of times I'll never use it again.

In one bag I found a huge chunk of something that looked a piece of meteorite. Another bag was nothing but little chunks no more than 4 or 5 inches and maybe 5 chunks that were acceptable.

I've used other lump charcoal that was in the same price range and liked them all but I wont buy Cowboy again.

The lump at sam's is Best of the west and probably better then cowboys, I've never used cowboys because I read all the great review's on it :rolleyes:

EDIT there both made in Mexico there probably equal. Naked whiz needs to update there reviews they say cowboys is above average:redface:

Back