Contest Announcment People's Choice Rib Cook Off - Hickville, NY - September 17th, 2011

Did most of you get to meet a few of the Hicksville firemen at BOTB this past weekend?
They told me that there are a lot of intetested teams looking to enter, so if you haven't sent in your app yet, do it soon.
We are limiting this event to 15 teams and we have about 10 already so don't wait.

This looks like a great event, could be a blast. Met a couple of the Hicksville firemen at the BOTB over the weekend, seemed like real cool folks.

Sounds like an awesome time! I'm flying to Chicago and driving to Wisconsin this weekend but wish I could do it. Good smoking luck!

Who signed up? Smokin Irish will be there. Does anyone know what the.prizes will be?

James app mailed out today Babylon Grillbillies will be there.

Going to take a try at our first comp,
sent in the app today

we're going to go with the name: Mike's Backyard

which pretty much sums it up

For some reason I thought the contest was this weekend and not a month from now. I might do this one for fun.

Going to take a try at our first comp,
sent in the app today

we're going to go with the name: Mike's Backyard

which pretty much sums it up
Easy first contest... ITS PEOPLES CHOICE, not kcbs judging
so pretty easy squeezy.....so enjoy, though a case and a half is a whole lotta ribs to be made in a short time............:becky:

For some reason I thought the contest was this weekend and not a month from now. I might do this one for fun.

That would be cool, We are doing it for the fun...PEOPLES CHOICE
one day, quick set up clean up, boom..
WE ARE IN, CHECK & APP SENT,
clint if your in, send it in...not to many spots left supposively

Easy first contest... ITS PEOPLES CHOICE, not kcbs judging
so pretty easy squeezy.....so enjoy, though a case and a half is a whole lotta ribs to be made in a short time............:becky:

yup, a man's gotta know his limitations.

(just figuring out if that many ribs are within a wsm, a brinkiman vertical and a webber kettle limitations)

i am not sure, i cook on a 55 gallon drum smoker...
you may need rib racks and cook them vertical...
i am somebeody will chime in on how many, i dont use wsm's

We get 6 rack flat on a wsm at comps but we wrap some bricks in foil
and put another grill grate down in the middle works pretty good just need some extra hands to move stuff around and some good hot gloves.

yup, a man's gotta know his limitations.

(just figuring out if that many ribs are within a wsm, a brinkiman vertical and a webber kettle limitations)

yea i'd like to know a little more about the contest. I see it starts at 10am, what time are we arriving for setup? What time we starting to cook? Will electric outlets be at each site or will we have to run extensive extension cords? Same question for water? What type of ribs? How many racks? What required equipment to we need? I know we're at a firehouse, but fire extinguisher minimum size?

Any other questions I'm leaving out?

I won't be able to cook this one due to my crazy schedule but may come out or lend a hand if anyone needs one.

yea i'd like to know a little more about the contest. I see it starts at 10am, what time are we arriving for setup? What time we starting to cook? Will electric outlets be at each site or will we have to run extensive extension cords? Same question for water? What type of ribs? How many racks? What required equipment to we need? I know we're at a firehouse, but fire extinguisher minimum size?

Any other questions I'm leaving out?

I think your over thinking it, or i could be wrong ???
...its early morning set up (i heard 7 am), bring a 3 gallon jug of water with spicket(there all the water you need for the day, small generator if you need electric (could probably do contest without power(during day & keep it to minumum. It was stated earlier ( i think) there providing a case and a half of ribs, need a smoker or big bbq ( thats a lot of ribbies to cook, lots of rub & sauce.......wham bam get the ribs on HAVE FUN

The Hicksville FD is going to provide each team with 2 cases of ribs. There are 12 racks of ribs in each case, so every team will have 24 racks of ribs.
As far as cashing your check, i'm not sure, but i will find out and get back to you.

answer about the ribs

I think your over thinking it, or i could be wrong ???
...its early morning set up (i heard 7 am), bring a 3 gallon jug of water with spicket(there all the water you need for the day, small generator if you need electric (could probably do contest without power(during day & keep it to minumum. It was stated earlier ( i think) there providing a case and a half of ribs, need a smoker or big bbq ( thats a lot of ribbies to cook, lots of rub & sauce.......wham bam get the ribs on HAVE FUN

Its mentioned im the application water and electric. I don't have a need for electric really but would be nice to have my a radio.

Plus start time says 10am. That mean people are gonna want ribs around 11?

Not overthinking just trying to get info so I can plan accordingly. I mean don't your ribs take 4-5 hours?

Thanks NS, thought he never answered me.

Sent from my DROIDX

Back