Confused a little bit

Firetaz70

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I own a Masterbuilt Kingsford KB800. I know it's old, but I like it. My questions are when making a plate for the chamber I know there are two sets of 4 holes. What size are they they look like 1/4/ 1/2 3/4 and a 1" holes that were drilled. My other question is with the smoke stack on the opposite end of the fire box does that matter and should I make it so that touches the grate or close too it. and where should the pipe on the grill be placed front, back or the center.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

Are you looking to build a convection /diffuser plate to even out your temps side to side?
I searched KB800 and it appears to be a grill. I don't believe that sort of plate works for grills.

Does yours have a side firebox that turned the grill into an offset smoker? If so, party on. Take a cookie sheet (I'd buy 2- just in case) and go to town with step bit. I'm not sure how successful this might be- lots of variables- but it could be a nice experiment. I've had a few "projects" that did not turn out as I had liked, but still had fun doing them.

Good luck.

Yes i put a char griller side firebox on there. Luckily with a tad bit of drilling some new holes it locked on the grill like peanut butter to bread. The cookie sheet idea lol, I was just thinking the same exact idea. I'm gonna try it out and let you all know. Sheets of metal are really expensive, plus you need the right tools to work with it. Thanks for replying to me.

Back