Big Green Egg Cart: DIY - Building A Steel Cart

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Picked up my Large Green Egg a few weeks ago and began building the cart. A few cart features;

1. The BGE will stay in its nest with wheels. I can easily remove it from the cart and relocate it it in my yard, patio, etc. without having to move it with the cart.

2. Opposite end of the cart will have a built in propane 55000 BTU gas burner for my discada, boils, etc. It will be removable for turkey frying, etc.

3. Top surface between the BGE and the gas burner will be HDPE Sanatec cutting board. it will be removable to expose a steel grate for setting hot pots, pans, etc.

4. Electric hose reel converted to provide power for the light and outlets.

5. Storage drawers for tools, etc.

6. Smoke generator and bracket for the BGE.

7. Stablizer heim joint rod to secure vertical and horizontal hifting of the BGE.

Looks like I'll have several more weekends of fabrication.

45679924.jpg

76980066.jpg

43535632.jpg

55843280.jpg

Looks fantastic:thumb: Can't wait to see it finished and in use..

First off that is a great cart, but second how do you like that milwaukee cold cut saw???? I have been eye balling one for awhile. How fast does it cut compared to a chop saw. Thanks and awesome work

I like it!!! Somebody is having fun making this and it is going to be a great end product.

First off that is a great cart, but second how do you like that milwaukee cold cut saw???? I have been eye balling one for awhile. How fast does it cut compared to a chop saw. Thanks and awesome work

I've had friction cut saws my whole life and still use them for volume, production cutting.

I love that Milwaukee dry cut saw! Fast, smooth, precise cuts! Most of the cuts don't need any dressing or cleaning up before welding in place.

I also have a non-ferrous blade for aluminum, etc. cuts sweet!

Blades are pricey but I found Oshlin makes good ones at a decent price.

Great job so far. Keep us posted.

Will do :thumb:

That's really cool.

I'm not a wood worker, had to do something else, thanks!

Looking good, that is gonna be cool.

Thanks!

A few other new features:

The large tale top pan is pinned through the upper frame. The whole pan/top can be removed by lifting up on the handles.

The top will be HDPE but will be removable to expose the extruded steel for hot skillets, etc. There will be a spacer between the extruded steel at the top and pan bottom.

The pan also has adjustable legs threaded into each corner so it can be placed on a table top, counter, etc. should I decide to take the whole thing inside for final cutting, prep, etc.

I also made an umbrella bracket, light mount / bracket and beer bottle opener and catcher.

Whenever I want to fry a turkey, I can remove the gas burner unscrewing (2) wing nuts and lift it out of the cart. The burner surround is also pinned in (not shown) so the tapered legs can be lifted through the top.

I like it!!! Somebody is having fun making this and it is going to be a great end product.

Thanks! I'm having fun, but getting old and it's wearing me out, whew!

Last edited:
Boxed in the gas burner surround. It's pinned to the frame for easy removal.

cover2ha.jpg

Finished the burner cover

coverph.jpg

All in primer.

Last edited:
nice work!
roll it next to the water hose and you've got yourself a fully functioning outdoor kitchen :thumb:

Update pics, fabbed stabilizer bars and smoke generator articulating arm,......

stabilizer bars....

052711stabl2.jpg

052711stabil1.jpg

052711gen3.jpg

052711gen2.jpg

Back