THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

Can't wait to put my down payment in and get in line on a SF smoker!! These things are beautiful.

I couldn't agree more. I believe Ross did a lot of work on my cooker. Just wanted to give him his recognition since everyone forgets about him.

Ross did a great job then! I saw some pictures on FB of Tyler and Ross working together. Always nice to see family working well together. Such a talented family!

Ross did a great job then! I saw some pictures on FB of Tyler and Ross working together. Always nice to see family working well together. Such a talented family!

That was my cooker in the picture. Was hoping to meet him too but at his age I am sure there was a pretty girl that was way more important than talking to some old guy picking up a smoker or maybe 9am was just way to early.:wink: I know my kid doesn't wake up before noon during the summer.

pj, that is one sweet lookin rig, congrats. Can you take a snap shot or describe how the reverse flow works on that with the flat end? Does the shield just stop short? You done a biscuit test with it?

pj, that is one sweet lookin rig, congrats. Can you take a snap shot or describe how the reverse flow works on that with the flat end? Does the shield just stop short? You done a biscuit test with it?

All the Shirleys have the flat end unless you ask Paul to build one out of a propane tank. The reverse flow plate stops about 10" short so the smoke/heat have room to flow. Biscuit test came out about as close to perfect as can be expected. Once it came up to temp for a little while the temps were within 5 degrees all the way around. At first the temps were 15-20 degrees off but that resolved itself after the doors were closed for an hour. The Tel-Trus in the door are nearly dead on with each other but read 20 degrees lower than the Maverick probes at the grate level. I was very impressed with the biscuit test since having 4 racks was worrying me a little. I thought I might have hot and cold spots but I didn't. Didn't take any pics of the test because it was raining so hard that I would have ruined any phone or camera even under my big umbrella.

If anyone has any other questions just ask! I am more than willing to help. Heck, even have bsooner75 coming all the way from the DFW are tomorrow to look it over.

Once it came up to temp for a little while the temps were within 5 degrees all the way around. At first the temps were 15-20 degrees off but that resolved itself after the doors were closed for an hour. The Tel-Trus in the door are nearly dead on with each other but read 20 degrees lower than the Maverick probes at the grate level. I was very impressed with the biscuit test since having 4 racks was worrying me a little. I thought I might have hot and cold spots but I didn't.

I am impressed, thanks for the response. I thought the same thing about that low grate right side. Looks to be one bad-a cooker. Looking forward to the pron

Sick looking Shirley PJ! Glad your wait is over! Welcome to the family.

Thanks! Yours is still one of the best looking ones I have seen. I thought about a red or burnt orange trailer but just couldn't decide. Probably best in black since getting it dirty would drive me crazy.

I can tell y'all first hand. PJ got himself one heck of a cooker!

Thanks again for the hospitality!

Was a pleasure meeting you and showing it off. Hope you got all your questioned answered. Sucks that you had to drive 2-3 hours though.

Back