Contest Results Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue

And a good time was had by all even though the weather Saturday was less then optimal. We had a good weekend closing out the Pigs in blankets name with a 10 place chicken call, a 6th place Brisket call and 5th overall. MABA and NEBS teams had a great showing. Congrats to all that walked, and 3EyZ, a 180 in ribs! Roll on!

Wow, what a show! A commanding performance by Pigskin's Scott and Katy Nelson to cap a couple of years of tough, rewarding work on the competition circuit. It was so great to hear so many Brethren team names called!

Great job and congratulations to all who got a call!

Congratulations to Pigskin and all who walked. We didn't do too badly for 'out of towners'. We got international happiest home in the hollow. International 1st place overall, 6th cooking from the homeland, 16th overall in cooks choice, 13th Dessert, 11th in Pork (lost 10th by coin toss), 19th in Ribs and 25th overall. Apparently the highest U.K. Showing since 2004 when a u.k. Team won overall. So, needless to say, we were quite pleased!

thanks for the hospitality

once again The Jack was a wonderful experience with amazing hospitality but this year I was truly overwhelmed with the support we received from our American hosts. Huge thanks go out to Byron Chism for being a fantastic host and ambassador, John, Marsha, Blind Dog for getting the FEC to me and Stuart for supplying it, Lincoln for getting the Daniel Boone GMG to me [ and more], the guys at Gone Hogging when I lost power, David Bouska from Butcher BBQ for being so sharing with time and advice, Big Mo for lending us tongs when ours broke .... the list could go on and on...Wayne Lohman, Bill Gage and the girls at KCBS International Outreach. If any Brethren get the opportunity to visit the UK please get in touch as I really feel the need to pay back some of the love shown to my team by the BBQ fraternity Stateside.Thanks again y'all for everything.

Jack, I believe I spoke to you when I looked at John and Marsha's brand new FEC-120 in detail at your site. Thank you so much for the great conversation and hospitality. It was situations like that in Lynchburg that reminded me how great The Jack in particular and the BBQ community in general can be. I had a blast the whole day on Friday and most every one was great!

After hearing that they were there, I saw Lee and Bobbie's trailer on the way out but they were asleep. So many great people were there, and I consider myself very lucky just to be able to drive down and spend the day visiting. It was wonderful to see and meet so many great people.

dmp

What an experience! Went just as a guest, ended up helping Bush's Kitchen from Australia. A great one woman team who is so well organized, I just ran boxes for her. And kudos to her for a rib call.
Jack really knows how to throw a party!
Great meeting all the teams there.

We had a helluva time .I hope we get the priveledge to go again!
Congrats to All the called.

Back