Did a little cost comparison

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Picked up a 12.2 lb packer brisket at UW Provisions yesterday. $1.89/lb. Took it out this afternoon and started trimming it.

It sure seemed like there was a lot of fat on it. I told my wife that they had trimmed flats and points there for $3.09/lb and I began wondering if maybe that was a better deal.

So when I got done trimming, I weighed the fat and there was 3.75 lbs of fat that I trimmed off. That left me with 8.35 pounds of cookable meat left. So when I divided it out, I wound up paying $2.75/lb for the cookable meat. I'm better off buying the packer.

Also, I like to throw some of the fat around the brisket and cook it. Pretty tasty that smoked fat.

Just thought I'd contribute something of value to the group, though be it marginal.

Where in the world is Wyocena Wisconsin?

Im in Mauston, near the Dells. I have a very ncie country butcher just up the road. I walk in and tell him what I want, it comes out fresh fresh fresh!

Where in the world is Wyocena Wisconsin?
Dude!
It's 9 miles West of Otsego, 13 miles North of Leeds, 12 miles Southwest of Dalton.:biggrin:

Seriously, it's 3 miles south of Pardeeville, 9 miles East of Portage, at the intersection of Hwy 22 and Hwy 16. You should know that!

OK... I know hwy 22 and 16.... your not too far.

Heck wish I was Q'in instead of cruising. I cant find a decent barrel to save my life. Know of any? I would like 2...

Back