Hawgin On Lanier

Thank you to the teams that came out! 48 pro....not bad for a first year event. We raised some good money for Christmas for kids!! It was a tough field!!! My team was 12th overall and first in Brisket!! Thank you all that showed!!

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2012&month=11&id=3578

Andy - You and the Jaycees did an excellent job and I give you guys 9,9,9!

I'll be posting my pics and judges review in the morning.

were back home,trailer sitting at baptist church in gainsville,waiting to go to pig jam in fl. on weds,had a great time,nice setting ,couple of minor bugs too work out,but all; in all ,great time:razz:

We had a great time also. a big thanks goes out to the Jaycees and Springer Mountain Farms. Now I've got to figure out what to do with $100 in free chicken!

AS far as I could tell, a great time was had by all!

The Friday night chicken contest was definitely different, as there were so many non-CBJs that were more interested in drinking and just having fun instead of taking judging serious that I have no idea if the best team won! Definitely luck with the table and judges. One entry I judged Friday night was a chicken chowder that was fantastic!!! Too bad the non-CBJs at the table didn't appreciate the creativity and wonderful flavor!

- Saturday was different = 100% CBJs and a good quality competition! I judged some really good stuff!

Congrats to all who got calls and walked!!!

I'm guessing that was Wicked Que's Chicken Mull you got there, Tom.

Not as many teams as they wished for but still a very good draw for a first year event - being a GBC qualifier really makes the difference. My only suggestion is it might be good to extend the directional signage back to Jesse Jewell.

Thanks to Randall for making storage available for the week between Gainesville and Cumming. That really helps when two contests are back-to-back.

-GF

Back