MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Default Weber Charcoal Table 7445

I saw this table in a video JMSetzler posted about the compact chimney starter.

Does anyone have one of these?

I could use a metal table for my small grills, plus it would work as a table for my tandoor and big UDS cooks. I was looking for a folding metal camp table type of thing, but this is close enough I guess.

Only problem is that it doesn't fold, and it looks a tad unsteady since the legs are not braced at all. The legs can be disassembled easily for transport.

Any thoughts?
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

I don't see myself using it much. Unless you go tailgating with the smokey joe a lot, i'd pass, and even if you do, I might still say pass.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

I love buying all kinds of Weber chit, whether I need it or not, but I think I'd pass on this one myself.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

I guess I'm not convinced I need this. I'll keep looking for a metal camping table. If anyone uses one that they like, do let me know.

Thanks.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]

Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
yakdung
is One Chatty Farker

I use an old metal typewriter table with folding sides I found for cheap and it works great.
yakdung is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Idk, I wouldn't mind one for a wsm or smokey joe. Looks pretty good for price
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
Callahan-que
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

I'd have to pass on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Its hard to see in the pic- are there little holes where the bottom of the grill fits in? And there appears to be some sort of lever at the front...

Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post
Its hard to see in the pic- are there little holes where the bottom of the grill fits in? And there appears to be some sort of lever at the front...
Apparently there are some kind of slots in the table surface so you can lock your grill in place. Compatible with the SJS, SJG, WGA, and the new Jumbo Joe (not the old one). I have those cookers, but my Jumbo Joe is the older model. Plus I could use a metal table for my Lodge hibachi as well. This weber table just doesn't look that stable though.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
bo_b_q
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakdung View Post
I use an old metal typewriter table with folding sides I found for cheap and it works great.
I saw one of these at a garage sale last summer and had the same idea...then I talked myself out of it...went home, changed my mind, went back about 30 minutes later...and of course...GONE! Strike while the iron is hot.

I'm all for buying BBQ stuff, I even looked at a 10' long light up "BBQ" sign off a restaurant to put in/on my basement/garage (didn't tell the wife of course ) But I'd probably pass on this table as well...looks wobbly and like it would be a hassle to take apart. Based only off the picture on Amazon.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

I use a black folding table. I paid 20 or 30 bucks for it at Target or Wally world, dont remember. I've had it for a few years and it's holding up strong and it's the perfect height.

Also, perfect for small grills.

A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

Curious if something like this would work...maybe it's not tall or wide enough....

Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #13
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I looked at the that table, but I really can't see a reason for me to get one. I know several Dutch Oven cookers who use Dutch oven tables, but those are WAY thicker on the steel, so you can actually put red-hot coals on the table. When I read the name, I thought Weber was making something like that. But, no.

MY SJG works fine on my cedar cooking table, or on my camper table,or on the ground. No need for this table.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post
I use a black folding table. I paid 20 or 30 bucks for it at Target or Wally world, dont remember. I've had it for a few years and it's holding up strong and it's the perfect height.

Also, perfect for small grills.

That is a nice looking table. I'll check out Target this weekend maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokp View Post
Curious if something like this would work...maybe it's not tall or wide enough....
Amazon.com: Wel-Bilt Folding Aluminum Platform - 330Lb. Capacity: Home Improvement
That looks kinda low and narrow. Not a bad price though. And it sounds sturdy.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
mbshop
Babbling Farker

i also use one of those old typewriter tables. reasonably sturdy. the original wheels are wood so i replaced mine with cheap plastic ones.