How do you store your dry injection powder?

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just curious how you guys store your Butcher's, Kosmo's, Fab, ect. I didnt know if I should seal the extra up in containers or something like that. I've got quite a few contests lined up this summer so it probably wont be sitting around too long.
Can this stuff go stale?

Thanks,

Ken

In a zip lock in the refer. I've never had a problem with Kosmos products going stale - can't speak to Butchers/Fab.

I zip lock or vaccu seal them. Was thinking this year of just pre-weighing and vaccusealing little packs, enough for 1 comp at a time. Just add liquid and inject. I think as long as you keep them out of air, light, and humidity they keep a while.

With Butchers, I transfer what I need for a few comps into wide mouth jars, I cut a corner of the bag and roll it up to get the air out and reseal with my Foodsaver. I did a couple comps worth in small Ziplocks and have one left from the Jack that is still fresh. I had heard there was a shelf life, but will defer to David for that. Same goes for my bulk rubs.

Last edited:
I got a sample bag of Kosmo's that hardened into a brick and it had never been opened.

Hope that was shared with Darian instead of just tossing out here for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put all my dry ingredients in mason jars and keep them sealed in a dark, dry closet until needed. Had to try to find a way to keep the humidity out since I was getting clumping even in zip-lock bags.

I take out what I need and re-seal the original bag with tape...never had a problem...

Ken, bring them with you to comps where I"m gonna be and SHARE :)

I've ordered and kept Kosmo's in the original package, resealed and kept in a dark pantry corner. So far so good.

As I have stated on my site I would not recommend putting the injection into the refrigerator. When you take them out of the cold environment into a 70 degree room they will draw moisture and clump up. The best thing I have heard is portion out your uses into a seal a meal bag and make single use bags. If you don't have one of them a good air tight sealed container works fine for me.

I keep my open original bulk packages inside ziplocks, in a dry box, in my cool, dark, dehumidiified basement (is that overkill?) and take out smaller portions as needed. I do the same with my bulk spices and rubs.

I also recommend storing in a dark Ziploc bag.

2-Beef-Inj.jpg

Ken, bring them with you to comps where I"m gonna be and SHARE :)

I've ordered and kept Kosmo's in the original package, resealed and kept in a dark pantry corner. So far so good.

Dan, I dont know what I ever did to deserve a friend like you but I love ya man!!!

I actually had this very same conversation with a good buddy of mine today. Thanks for confirming this Kosmo.

Really...who might that be? :twisted: BTW...Darian said "no problem" to your question...:thumb:

I also recommend storing in a dark Ziploc bag.

2-Beef-Inj.jpg

Hey...that's the very same bag that I use...small world...:becky:

Really...who might that be? :twisted: BTW...Darian said "no problem" to your question...:thumb:

Hey...that's the very same bag that I use...small world...:becky:

Why you of course:becky:, Kosmo confirmed it in a post of how to store it:thumb: And that does look just like the bag:wink:

Anal......

I keep my open original bulk packages inside ziplocks, in a dry box, in my cool, dark, dehumidiified basement (is that overkill?) and take out smaller portions as needed. I do the same with my bulk spices and rubs.

Back