Contest Announcment Hope on the Hill BBQ Cook-Off 10/11-10/12 Farmingville Long Island

I've been asked by the people who run the venue to make arrival times sat 6am-10am or anytime after 4pm sat
sorry for any inconvenience this might cause
if there are any issues please contact me directly

I know I know. I wasn't suppossed to close until next week but they got better ideas. Hey I am moving to your neck of the woods now. Good luck guys!!

Since we'll be neighbors wanna let me test out that battle box????:mrgreen:

Hey! I'm going to have some kielbasa and sauerkraut at the event tomorrow evening. It's the same kielbasa as the stuff at the Cow Harbor event for those that were there.

I think I might also make some tortellini salad w/ roasted red peppers, marinated artichokes, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.

If you'd like some, stop by and say hi. I'll probably be in or near the judges tent. Hopefully we can get a communal dinner going. That would be cool.

Eric

What a beautiful day!

It was a little chilly this morning, but it soon warmed up. Clear skies, great temperatures, just a wonderful day.

The venue was fantastic. HUGE. Lots of space for the BBQ folk, the vendors and the car show. Plenty of portapotties.

Most importantly, the teams all kicked ass. A nice mix of new and experienced teams and everyone was super friendly. And who made those clams? WOW. Those things rocked!

Thanks to all the teams and judges that came down on short notice. It's great to have a venue where we won't have to cap attendance due to available space.

Thanks again to Willie who puts on these events year after year for a great cause, losing money in the process. The event benefited the Breast Cancer Coalition and was a great first time out.

Eric

Congrats to all the teams that braved the COLD night with me to complete. I'll post some pics later.

Dawg Pound Smokin' Q

Congrats to all the teams that braved the COLD night with me to complete. I'll post some pics later.

Dawg Pound Smokin' Q

Cold? A little cool maybe.

Phil was with us on Saturday night, and he appeared to be very happy and warm wrapped in his new hand crocheted afghan!

PhilInAfghan.JPG

COBS BBQ wants to say a big thank you to everyone that welcomed us to the world of competition BBQ. We had a great time and learned so much; you're a great group of people.

We can't wait for next year.

Since this was our 1st competition, how can we get the full results to see how we did?

Huge Thanks to Willie, Eric and all who helped for a great event!!! Looking forward to this venue again in the future, I think all the LI teams are going to love it!!! It was a blast hanging with old friends and making some new ones!!!:clap2:

Back