• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KitchenAid Pro 600?

DC-Q

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My daughter wants a KitchenAid Pro 600 mixer for xmas. The wife & I have been looking for the best deal. So far $335 "delivered" is the best we've seen. Has anyone seen a better deal? Just thought I would tap into the wealth of knowledge and geographic diversity that is the BBQ-BRETHREN.
Sometimes location is everything. Thanx in advance for your help & Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

because I'm lazy, what's the difference between the 600 and the other models?

Kitchenaide Remanufactured units are on Ebay for under $300.00

I've never had a problem with factory remanufactured stuff...

i saw it at home goods for 299 the other day. its a division of tjmaxx i think.

I got all excited about this.
Seemed like something that I could not live without.

Told Mrs Kapn I wanted one for Christmas.

My wounds will heal in a week or so :redface: :redface:

Oh Well.

TIM

I got all excited about this.
Seemed like something that I could not live without.

Told Mrs Kapn I wanted one for Christmas.

My wounds will heal in a week or so :redface: :redface:

Oh Well.

TIM

Tell her you want a boat and a new truck, and a new smoker, and a new
big screen TV, and this mixer.
She will probably buy the mixer because it is cheapest; then tell you maybe
next year on the rest.
That way, you get something you really want.:becky:

Tell her you want a boat and a new truck, and a new smoker, and a new
big screen TV, and this mixer.
She will probably buy the mixer because it is cheapest; then tell you maybe
next year on the rest.
That way, you get something you really want.:becky:

Thanks, but she is on to all my ploys.
After 36 years, I find it tough to sneak things by her these days :redface:

For many years, I relished new "Projects" from her, cause I could always work in a new tool or two.
She thought it was funny then, but now now :redface:

It really hurts when I know she is right :-D

TIM

because I'm lazy, what's the difference between the 600 and the other models?

The Pro 600 is a 6-Quart mixer. So, it has a bigger bowl, and instead of tilting, the head unit lifts straight up with a lever on the side. The bowl sits in a cradle, instead of turning into the base.

I've owned both (the ex-wife now has the 600), and the primary difference is the bigger bowl.

CD

Picked up one for the wife two years ago for christmas, Deep red color. Think I got it for around $240.00 as a factory refurb. Works like a charm. Be warned though. Once you buy it, the attachments are very tempting, such as the meat grinder. :becky:

Pretty sure I got a video showing it somewhere, if I think of the site I found it, I'll pass it on.

Have you considered any other mixers? Kitchen aid mixers have been taking a pretty hard beating the last couple of years. They just aren't made the way they used to be. I have also been looking around at mixers the last couple of weeks. I have recently been checking into this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000MTIUSS
I will admit, I am somewhat hesitant as the kitchaid has been the mixer of choice for generations. But that seems to have changed over the last few years. Lots of complaints about the motors, plastic gears, oil dripping into the mixing bowl, horrible grinding noises, and warranty issues. But I may just be willing to step out on a limb on this one. I want a qood quality, lasting mixer. Not the status quo. Might be worth you checking into more as I have been...

Have you considered any other mixers? Kitchen aid mixers have been taking a pretty hard beating the last couple of years. They just aren't made the way they used to be. I have also been looking around at mixers the last couple of weeks. I have recently been checking into this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000MTIUSS
I will admit, I am somewhat hesitant as the kitchaid has been the mixer of choice for generations. But that seems to have changed over the last few years. Lots of complaints about the motors, plastic gears, oil dripping into the mixing bowl, horrible grinding noises, and warranty issues. But I may just be willing to step out on a limb on this one. I want a qood quality, lasting mixer. Not the status quo. Might be worth you checking into more as I have been...

I recently bought a mixer and did a lot of reading up before hand of unbiased end user reviews...

My conclusion was to buy the Bosch Univeral Plus... I have been very pleased so far.

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/Bosch_Universal_Plus_Mixer_MUM6N10UC.aspx

When I got my wife hers last year it was 250 shipped from kitchenaids ebay store factory rebuilt fantastic machine

You can sign up with Bed Bath & Beyond and they will send you a 20% off coupon via e-mail that you can use in the store or online. I picked up one last year on sale and used the coupon and payed $240 for it. Don't get the attachments, they just don't work like you would expect. I wish I never asked for those after the first use. If I could go back knowing what I know now, I would probably spend the extra money on Bosch or Viking mixer though!

My wife and I had a REALLY bad experience with Kitchen Aid...we will never own another thing made by them. I bought a DeLonghi for my wife, she loves it.

Back