***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Do It Caveman Style" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Do It Caveman Style" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"SPECIAL - Do It Caveman Style"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 6/17.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]silverfinger[/size]
4cd88c2c-1921-7eae.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
2082001_Al_Czervik.jpg

[size=+2]Phubar[/size]
2083921_Phubar.jpg

[size=+2]whitelightnin92[/size]
2084860_whitelightnin92.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
2087259_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]BigBlock[/size]
2088097_BigBlock.jpg

[size=+2]nucornhusker[/size]
2088492_nucornhusker.jpg

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
2088690_N8man.jpg

[size=+2]Hunterman95[/size]
2088889_Hunterman95.jpg

Last edited:
I keep staring at Mongo's entry, and the steak is calling me. The salad works, too, since cavemen ate the stuff you'd find in a salad. My inner caveman is just not sure how to feel about the cottage cheese. Hmmmm.

CD

It's pretty obvious to me which one I will not voting for.....

Chris,
The money shot for my entry was the 4th photo down. Meat under the stars!. Do you think you could change it for me? :becky:

Thanks!!!

Every single entry was great, even the spam! :clap:But, I narrowed it down to Silverfinger & CD.

CD's technique of putting his coals on rocks, the wooden fork and serving platter took it over the top for me. :thumb:

It's official. CD has the unanimous Team Munchkin vote.:thumb:

Yep on the Team Munchkin vote. I just loved the "fork" CD made...oh and the steak didn't look too shabby either! :thumb:

As much as T-bones (and especially porterhouses) are one of my favorite steaks, I can't imagine a caveman ever eating one. That just leaves a few entries on my shortlist. Now for the nitty-gritty:

N8man, was that a wild SPAM you hunted down with a spear, or was it a domestic SPAM?

Al, while wine is often made and stored in caves, I don't recall wine-making (and stemware) occurring in pre-agricultural societies. Can you enlighten us on the research that suggested cavemen knew to serve red wine with steak?

Finally, Whitelightnin, was your tri-tip brought up to sufficient temp to kill the parasites that would have been present in prehistoric meat?

Yep on the Team Munchkin vote. I just loved the "fork" CD made...oh and the steak didn't look too shabby either! :thumb:

Thanks!

I learned from team e-gore how a little extra creative effort in your presentation can make a difference. But, the steak really was good.

CD

Every entry looks good, and it was hard to choose, but I checked, and lobsters were around in caveman times, and I'm betting steak and lobster would have been a great way to impress a woman when you drag her to your cave by her hair for the first time. :becky:

CD

Back